Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Are we really bad or have Derbyshire improved a lot this season?

I think Derbyshire are reasonably useful...Conners for example is a really useful young bowler and whilst Aitchison who might be even better is injured Potts looks another prospect. Dal has also come of age as an all rounder.

What worries me is their batting:

Masood

Godleman

Madsen

Du Plooy

With the exception of their keeper at 3 who I don't know a lot about there is a lot of runs in that line up if they fire. Let's be frank, after this first innings effort Masood on current form might be able to beat us by an innings on his own! 

Edited by CrawlingFox

8 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Are we really bad or have Derbyshire improved a lot this season?

Already they have improved a lot this season under Mickey Arthur. Though on paper their batting appears better than their bowling, even with the loss of Critchley, so it's a worry that we were out so cheaply to them.

43 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

A garbage day for us. 

Can't imagine it will get any better with the ball 

We need to get Masood early. If he's still batting at tea then we'll be in a world of pain with the way he gets motoring and how it will take the pressure off whoever is at the other end.

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think we have gold ones and red ones. Every player gets a red numbered one as a matter of course I think, maybe wrong though.

Ahhhhh right. Bit like how Yorkshire have caps with open or closed white roses depending on whether someone's been 'capped' or not?

Guess it's a bit of a relic but I do think it's a good idea to give junior players something to work towards and inspire some loyalty. Glad that we still have a symbol to aspire to if that's the case.