Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Ridiculous that! I went down on Thursday at about 12:00-12:30 as I was off work, (don't normally go to 4 day games) I asked to buy a ticket and they looked at me gone out like it'd never happened before that I random person turned up late. 18quid is a bit steep aswell imo.

Absolutely stupid that, if they do not want to take cash let people in for nothing, not like they are struggling trying to find a seat. Sean Jarvis seems to be doing a decent job certainly better than the last clown yet these little things can make a big difference

53 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Ridiculous that! I went down on Thursday at about 12:00-12:30 as I was off work, (don't normally go to 4 day games) I asked to buy a ticket and they looked at me gone out like it'd never happened before that I random person turned up late. 18quid is a bit steep aswell imo.

Get onto Jarvis on twitter. 

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

18 quid? That's terrible 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

They need to sell the 4day game like they sell 20/20 or that shite 100. Play day/night games in July/August when the weather is nice, children for free in school holidays. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter, if the team play like they dont care.

24 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Rhodes and Ackermann didn’t get 20 runs between them, in both innings. Occupy the crease etc. Not good enough. Local club players would put up more of a fight.

I really rate Ackermann, but I wonder if he might be better off not being captain.

Rhodes looks an absolute lost cause to me.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Barnes has really come on as a player. 

Yes; he's actually been a but unlucky at times for us as well. He's a real trier, applies himself and does make things happen.

What I particularly like; when he's bowling well is he tends to make the batsman play and is straight enough to bring all modes of dismissal in to the game.

I believe Davis is now injured, as well as Chris Wright, so we probably do need a fit and firing Ed Barnes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Yes; he's actually been a but unlucky at times for us as well. He's a real trier, applies himself and does make things happen.

What I particularly like; when he's bowling well is he tends to make the batsman play and is straight enough to bring all modes of dismissal in to the game.

I believe Davis is now injured, as well as Chris Wright, so we probably do need a fit and firing Ed Barnes.

Do you know what Davis has done?

30 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

£3.75 for a pint of Pepsi seemed a bit steep too! However, my £9.50 shepherds pie in The Meet was delicious. I declined the pudding -  spotted dick and custard. Not sure I even know what that is, and I like a pudding !

Sponge with currants I think. It’s a good old traditional English pudding, bet you missed a treat! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

£3.75 for a pint of Pepsi seemed a bit steep too! However, my £9.50 shepherds pie in The Meet was delicious. I declined the pudding -  spotted dick and custard. Not sure I even know what that is, and I like a pudding !

Those prices are ridiculous, as is the £18 walk in price. It only cost me £30 for 2 tickets at Lords for a Hundred double header.

Lots of people don't have the time to commit to a membership, but would be happy to rock up to a game, especially if the weather is nice. But those prices are off-putting.

Rather suggests they don't actually care if people attend championship games, all the energy and incentives are put into the white ball versions

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Agree totally with the calls to make Championship matches very cheap or free to get people in. Proper marketing and persuasion to boost it too.

Free or very cheap evening sessions would be great. Try and get people in after work even if it’s to watch a couple of hours and down a couple of pints…….Realistically the ground is probably too far out of town to really benefit from that though. 

12 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

They are giving away 4,000 tickets to the Sussex game.

Yeah this was mentioned previously, needs to be a more common occurrence though. I haven't seen the Sussex initiative really advertised either, apart from on the website and by Sean Jarvis.