Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah this was mentioned previously, needs to be a more common occurrence though. I haven't seen the Sussex initiative really advertised either, apart from on the website and by Sean Jarvis. 

There’s a cricket fans group on Twitter who have really pushed for cheaper tickets and we’re the first to take part. Jarvis interacts with them a lot on Twitter. Which is a positive in my view. 

Turns out it’s a magazine 

Edited by Lionator

Have to say I do think Jarvis is doing a good job off the pitch, even where things aren't right it's clear he and the club are now trying hard and I feel confident it's all moving in the right direction.

On the pitch is another matter and I feel unless Nixon has a bloody good Blast tournament which might go part of the way (only part!) towards excusing what looks to be shaping up into an poor Championship campaign then we may need to start thinking again. Derbyshire are very much becoming the act to follow I feel with the appointment of a high profile and proven coach and his backing of a young bowling unit.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Hopefully a few changes in the 11 for tomorrows game.

Assuming Davis is injured and no return for Hill or Wright I'd go with:

Azad

Evans

Ackermann (c)

Patel

Kimber

Mulder

Swindells (k)

Barnes

Parkinson

Hendricks

Sakande

Hopefully we can be competitive but feel we need big performances from Mulder and Hendricks if we're going to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

They have some good staff down there. Just had a very positive experience on the phones regarding memberships, they went over and above really.

absolutely right. If we could just get some success on the pitch the thing could take off, as the actual experience of going to Grace Rd is in many ways joyous

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Azad

Evans

Welch

Ackerman

Kimber

Mulder

Swindels

Barnes

Parkinson

Hendriks

Wright 

Maybe Mike for Welch and everyone moves up a spot? Idk 

Listening to Nixon's interview, he still seems quite positive about Rhodes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in again. The problem is he said that Patel had now done his quad, so may not be fit for the game, while Welch got out for 0 in the second XL game so has no form whatsoever to come into the match with. The other options are Jack Nightingale, who is another Loughborough student playing for the seconds, who's got a few scores this season and as you indicate, moving everyone up one and bringing in an all-rounder - Mike or Scriven. Of course there is also Scott Steell, but he appears to still be in the doghouse and not selected for the first team.

Edited by MaidstoneFox

8 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

absolutely right. If we could just get some success on the pitch the thing could take off, as the actual experience of going to Grace Rd is in many ways joyous

Agreed I think alot of positives off the field. 

Some weird recruitment on it though. 

7 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Listening to Nixon's interview, he still seems quite positive about Rhodes, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in again. The problem is he said that Patel had now done his quad, so may not be fit for the game, while Welch got out for 0 in the second XL game so has no form whatsoever to come into the match with. The other options are Jack Nightingale, who is another Loughborough student playing for the seconds, who's got a few scores this season and as you indicate, moving everyone up one and bringing in an all-rounder - Mike or Scriven. Of course there is also Scott Steell, but he appears to still be in the doghouse and not selected for the first team.

This probably mad but I wonder about moving Evans into the middle order and opening with Kimber or Welch and Azad. 

I find Evans and Azad to similar. Both worth their place but we don't really go anywhere no pressure on the bowler at all imo. 

Even if they get through 20 overs you may have 30 on the board. 

It's a thought

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cakey said:

This probably mad but I wonder about moving Evans into the middle order and opening with Kimber or Welch and Azad. 

I find Evans and Azad to similar. Both worth their place but we don't really go anywhere no pressure on the bowler at all imo. 

It's a thought

Yeh or even Mulder, who I thought had a pretty good technique. Nixon doesn't really do radical though. We'll see tomorrow, as Rhodes is not in the 13, but Mike, Welch and Wright are.

Edited by MaidstoneFox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cakey said:

It's a thought

I agree they're very similar. Rhodes is also a slow scorer so it wouldn't surprise me if we've had the slowest top 3 in county cricket up until this point.

I know that in pre season last year Hill was used to open and Nixon talked about him as an option. Did he even open a couple times towards the end of the season?

It wouldn't surprise me to see him there again if one of Evans or Azad was injured but I think Nixon will stick with the existing pairing.

I'd prefer to keep Hill at 5 where he has been so prolific but can see why he'd be useful up top as a counterpoint to Azad given he scores at a good rate, is fearless against the short ball and he does score runs. All moot whilst he's crocked mind.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 1