Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Well it looks as though Jim Allenby is on his way out as we thought - probably to Notts. Looks like we now just a feeder club to bring players through for the bigger counties. Bagofshite.

This, if true, is truely shite! :angry: Not that were gonna get to play a lot of cricket this Summer at this rate. :(

Well it looks as though Jim Allenby is on his way out as we thought - probably to Notts. Looks like we now just a feeder club to bring players through for the bigger counties. Bagofshite.

Not impressed if that is the case. I am getting sick of other clubs taking our youngsters. It's so frustrating when we're told that we have the core of a good young side, but we need to start keeping some of them to get things going again.

Not impressed if that is the case. I am getting sick of other clubs taking our youngsters. It's so frustrating when we're told that we have the core of a good young side, but we need to start keeping some of them to get things going again.

If anyone heard the interviews on RL tonight, I'd be interested in their thoughts.

Allenby seemed genuinly surprised to have been told to pack his bags and not return to the ground. It sounded like his heart wanted to stay at Leics but his head said join a proffessional club!!

Smith's interview was very odd, almost as if we're a giant club and no one will give us the runaround, without realising that we're a tin pot club who need a best players.

Now I've always rated Allenby as a decent one day player but never been that convinced as a Champ player. But his recent form seems to have proved me wrong and to bin him off half way through the season just makes me think of the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

:angry:

THey'll be after our young players soon, if we're not careful the likes of Nathan Buck and others will be snatched up before they even become regular first teamers. Allenby I think, was vice captain to Nicco last season so why wasn't he the captain when Nicco wasn't playing. Maybe he was leaving anyway.

THey'll be after our young players soon, if we're not careful the likes of Nathan Buck and others will be snatched up before they even become regular first teamers. Allenby I think, was vice captain to Nicco last season so why wasn't he the captain when Nicco wasn't playing. Maybe he was leaving anyway.

Im guessing that pissed him off, he 'wanted more time' to think about it. More like i want more time to find a better offer..... David Smith did the right thing, he obviously is money motivated and would fit well with the likes of Notts. This does mean however that we must sign a quite a few replacements.

:(

Maddy showed the world how to bat in t20 - he was poached by a big county. Allenby was the perfect replacement - same attributes as Maddy in batting and bowling.

We were fortunate to have him to reduce the impact Maddy leaving had on us. Now what though?

"Leicestershire County Cricket Club confirmed today that Jim Allenby has been left out of the squad for the four day game at the Oval against Surrey starting on Friday 31st July.

Chief Executive David Smith explained the situation. He said: “The club had offered Jim a three year contract for the seasons 2010 / 2011 / 2012. The offer of this contract was conditional on the player signing the contract by not later than Friday 31st July.

“Jim first approached me about an extension to his contract over 12 months ago when we wanted to support him through a difficult period and the club offered Jim a two year contract extension.

“The player decided to circulate his details to other counties during May of the current season. The club then made an improved three-year contract offer in early June seeing Jim as an important part of the future.

“During the last few days the club have worked closely with the Players Association to find an agreement, but following a meeting earlier today the player confirmed that he would not agree to sign the contract before the pre- agreed deadline of 31st July.”

Smith confirmed that meant in effect Jim has had over 12 months to consider his future at Leicestershire CCC and wanted to keep his options open for a longer period of time.

Smith also confirmed that Leicestershire County Cricket Club take a consistent approach to all its players during contract negotiation, using pre-agreed deadlines, that also allows the club to plan its playing staff for the following season and allows it to be in the market place for suitable replacements in reasonable timeframes.

Smith added he was disappointed by Jim Allenby’s decision not to extend his contract with Leicestershire County Cricket Club, but felt the club had an excellent replacement in Australian test all rounder Andrew McDonald for the 2010 cricket season and beyond."

Well, there we go then.

"Leicestershire County Cricket Club confirmed today that Jim Allenby has been left out of the squad for the four day game at the Oval against Surrey starting on Friday 31st July.

Chief Executive David Smith explained the situation. He said: “The club had offered Jim a three year contract for the seasons 2010 / 2011 / 2012. The offer of this contract was conditional on the player signing the contract by not later than Friday 31st July.

“Jim first approached me about an extension to his contract over 12 months ago when we wanted to support him through a difficult period and the club offered Jim a two year contract extension.

“The player decided to circulate his details to other counties during May of the current season. The club then made an improved three-year contract offer in early June seeing Jim as an important part of the future.

“During the last few days the club have worked closely with the Players Association to find an agreement, but following a meeting earlier today the player confirmed that he would not agree to sign the contract before the pre- agreed deadline of 31st July.”

Smith confirmed that meant in effect Jim has had over 12 months to consider his future at Leicestershire CCC and wanted to keep his options open for a longer period of time.

Smith also confirmed that Leicestershire County Cricket Club take a consistent approach to all its players during contract negotiation, using pre-agreed deadlines, that also allows the club to plan its playing staff for the following season and allows it to be in the market place for suitable replacements in reasonable timeframes.

Smith added he was disappointed by Jim Allenby’s decision not to extend his contract with Leicestershire County Cricket Club, but felt the club had an excellent replacement in Australian test all rounder Andrew McDonald for the 2010 cricket season and beyond."

Well, there we go then.

:(

Refusing to sign before the deadline has put the club in a no win situation, giving them no option but to let him go and cancel his contract. They don't want someone unhappy hanging around He could be at Notts or Kent within two weeks earning money from two clubs as we have to pay up his contract to the end of the season. betcha.

Edited by Shatoon

County cricket is really grinding my gears at the moment. Our better players will always be snapped up by the richer counties, hindering our own county's development, until the ECB stop pandering to the rich counties and start to realise there's some serious inequality between rich and poor counties. But hey, Grace Road's never gonna make them any money for them because it's not an international venue. So why should they give a rat's arse about the team who play there, or other counties in similar positions? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's all the ECB's fault, our club's been pretty shoddily run for a few years now, but as the governing body they really should be doing more.

What's everyone reckon to the newly proposed two innings a side Twenty20 competition the ECB have dreamed up by the way?

Edited by A Fox in Essex

County cricket is really grinding my gears at the moment. Our better players will always be snapped up by the richer counties, hindering our own county's development, until the ECB stop pandering to the rich counties and start to realise there's some serious inequality between rich and poor counties. But hey, Grace Road's never gonna make them any money for them because it's not an international venue. So why should they give a rat's arse about the team who play there, or other counties in similar positions? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's all the ECB's fault, our club's been pretty shoddily run for a few years now, but as the governing body they really should be doing more.

What's everyone reckon to the newly proposed two innings a side Twenty20 competition the ECB have dreamed up by the way?

Yes! And if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, everything put aside, day 2 at the Oval vs Surrey today.

We're batting - 304-4 :)

Dipps 86, HD 75, James Taylor 62no

Hope we get to 400 comfirtably to get max batting points. Also, a big score is probably the only way we could win with this weather about. Will need to bowl well, but no O'Brien :(

I think Twenty20 is fine as it is, they are in danger of overkilling it. People still pack the grounds out after seven years of the format, too much of it and they will get bored.

I think Twenty20 is fine as it is, they are in danger of overkilling it. People still pack the grounds out after seven years of the format, too much of it and they will get bored.

Just a shame that having got into the EPL, we might have to settle for regional cricket afterall and miss out on some money.

Is Dippenaar going to be here next year?, seems to be doing a decent job with the captaincy...I thought he was only on a 2 year contract though.

Come back off holiday to fined Allenby has gone! He is a loss but sedning his details round to other counties in May is not on and sounds like our offer was good so there is not alot more we could have done. Fantastic day for us today and a special well done to Taylor ;):)

Edited by baker11

And what a brilliant idea this is :D

Watch highlights of day one here

that's brilliant and just shows up our web-site for the joke it is

not rocket science is it. just a fixed camera, bit of editing and a small amount of presenting morning and evening..