Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Batting ave 36. He’d get in England’s middle order with that.

Bowling ave over 97. Actually horrendous.

Was anyone planning to go Lord’s at the weekend? 

My son and I had thought about going tomorrow, as we live in London, but we'll probably not bother now. 

• Sad 1

Obviously in football it's pretty obvious when a Head Coach/Manager is getting binned. How long does this continue for before they say it's time to change? Genuinely intrigued as to what it would take for them to do it? There's no real jeopardy as such in terms of relegation or that kind of thing is there. I suppose revenue from going as far as possible in the Blast etc will be their main cause for concern.

Also how accountable is Nixon? Obviously selections have been a bit meh, but who has control over the recruitment?

28 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Obviously in football it's pretty obvious when a Head Coach/Manager is getting binned. How long does this continue for before they say it's time to change? Genuinely intrigued as to what it would take for them to do it? There's no real jeopardy as such in terms of relegation or that kind of thing is there. I suppose revenue from going as far as possible in the Blast etc will be their main cause for concern.

Also how accountable is Nixon? Obviously selections have been a bit meh, but who has control over the recruitment?

I think recruitment previously has been a mixture of Nixon and Dan Weston the cricket stats guru.

With Claude Henderson back at the club as DOC it will be on his shoulders.

We've got the biggest squad on the county circuit, it appears we have quantity over quality at present.

46 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I think recruitment previously has been a mixture of Nixon and Dan Weston the cricket stats guru.

With Claude Henderson back at the club as DOC it will be on his shoulders.

We've got the biggest squad on the county circuit, it appears we have quantity over quality at present.

Yeah it seems to have been accumulate without any real plan

14 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I would have thought they'd see where things are at the end of the season, but I've no idea what Nicko's contract situation is. In all sports it's rare for coaches or managers to continue for long periods unless they are very successful eg. Klopp, Guardiola and Ferguson in football. Things get stale; new ideas help invigorate a set-up. And whatever the sentiment, sport is about winning.

I think the deviation from that is if he was seen to have 'lost the dressing room' and results/performances just went completely down the toilet. Then there might be a 'by mutual consent' departure. But that seems unlikely with a friend, Claude Henderson, just appointed DoC.

21 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I would have thought they'd see where things are at the end of the season, but I've no idea what Nicko's contract situation is. In all sports it's rare for coaches or managers to continue for long periods unless they are very successful eg. Klopp, Guardiola and Ferguson in football. Things get stale; new ideas help invigorate a set-up. And whatever the sentiment, sport is about winning.

I think the deviation from that is if he was seen to have 'lost the dressing room' and results/performances just went completely down the toilet. Then there might be a 'by mutual consent' departure. But that seems unlikely with a friend, Claude Henderson, just appointed DoC.

I've mentioned before if it falls to Henderson to make the call then surely it's a harder decision.