Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Changing the subject slighty, What do we think the t20 11 will look like? I think something like this:-

Gurbaz

Steel/Patel

Lilley 

Ackermann

Swindells

Hill

Mike/Scriven 

Ahmed 

Parkinson 

Naveen

Walker 

Not sure on the situation with Steel and whether he's back in favour or not. Scriven is abit of an unknown quantity but I'd like to see what he can do. However, Mike could get the nod as he's a decent pinch hitter in the lower order.

Edited by Walshy5

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

Changing the subject slighty, What do we think the t20 11 will look like? I think something like this:-

Gurbaz

Steel/Patel

Lilley 

Ackermann

Swindells

Hill

Mike/Scriven 

Ahmed 

Parkinson 

Naveen

Walker 

Not sure on the situation with Steel and whether he's back in favour or not. Scriven is abit of an unknown quantity but I'd like to see what he can do. However, Mike could get the nod as he's a decent pinch hitter in the lower order.

Lots of bowling options in that side with Ackermann, Liley and Steel all bowling. But i'd like to see more power hitting in there, so for me, Kimber would have to squeeze in there somewhere. Does Swindells need to play if both Hill and Gurbaz are playing as they both keep

13 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Gurbaz

Steel/Patel

Lilley 

Ackermann

Swindells

Hill

Mike/Scriven 

Ahmed 

Parkinson 

Naveen

Walker 

I think that's there or thereabouts and not a bad looking side. I wonder if Ahmed will be squeezed in though or whether Nixon will stick with a third pace option, probably Davis. I don't really consider Mike an option to bowl in this format given his economy rate of 11 and with Parkinson, Ackermann, Lilley and Steel do we really need another spinner? I do hope Ahmed does play though, looks a ridiculous talent and let's not forget he can bat pretty handily too.

5 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think that's there or thereabouts and not a bad looking side. I wonder if Ahmed will be squeezed in though or whether Nixon will stick with a third pace option, probably Davis. I don't really consider Mike an option to bowl in this format given his economy rate of 11 and with Parkinson, Ackermann, Lilley and Steel do we really need another spinner? I do hope Ahmed does play though, looks a ridiculous talent and let's not forget he can bat pretty handily too.

Good points made. One of the reasons I say pick Ahmed is because he's handy with the bat too like you say, and it's good to have a deep batting lineup in t20. Maybe you could bring Scriven in for Steel or Patel if you wanted an extra pace option and move Swindells up to open?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Next CC side should include Patel, Steele and Ahmed imo

Fed up of seeing the same old faces failing. 

The former two certainly in the runs for the seconds.

I'd like to see:

Azad

Patel

Ackermann

Steel

Kimber

Mulder

Swindells

Mike

Barnes

Parkinson

Wright

Evans perhaps unlucky but he and Azad as a combination are just tortorously slow, Patel has scored well opening for the seconds this week so in he goes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Azad

Evans

Patel

Ackerman

Mulder

Mike

Swindells

Barnes

Parkinson

Hendrick

Wright

Like that I'd throw in Ahmed instead of Barnes for this one. Barnes has done well just a bit of change give some variety. 

Id be tempted to play Steele instead of Evans but he has done ok. Just not a very dynamic duo. 

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Azad

Evans

Patel

Ackerman

Mulder

Mike

Swindells

Barnes

Parkinson

Hendrick

Wright

I think this is what Nixon is most likely to go with. Ackerman hates batting at 3, so something has to change there and Patel is the best fit for that spot as Kimber was too high in the last match. Unfortunately, Kimber becomes the fall guy unless one of bowlers are 'rested'

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Just read Sean Jarvis monthly report in which he states they are hoping to get full houses for the T20 games.What planet does he live on we do well when we manage to get 2k through the gate

What is our full gate? Always see differing capacity numbers

Rehan Ahmed has 4 wickets for the seconds on top of his 45 runs. Is it tempting fate to suggest he could play for England before he is 20? He reminds me of the way Stuart Broad very quickly became far too good for second XL cricket at a similar age.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Would be harsh and misplaced imo to drop Barnes.

Yep. More rotation I'd say. Ahmed has to play though. Need to lose a seamer. 

We won't pick him though. It's to radical 

Probably just pick the same team again and expect a miracle 

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Just read Sean Jarvis monthly report in which he states they are hoping to get full houses for the T20 games.What planet does he live on we do well when we manage to get 2k through the gate

Should definitely be the goal. Other counties manage it, though admittedly it might be a bit easier for the likes of Somerset who aren't competing with a Premier League team, but equally we've a whole county for a catchment area and a good t20 game is a hell of watch.

Suspect if he can tempt them in the door then they may come back on occasion.

Probably means marketing at the stag do and lads, lads, lads crowds hard alongside families which is a difficult balance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Rehan Ahmed has 4 wickets for the seconds on top of his 45 runs. Is it tempting fate to suggest he could play for England before he is 20? He reminds me of the way Stuart Broad very quickly became far too good for second XL cricket at a similar age.

Lads going to be a star. We somehow need to get him in our first team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Lads going to be a star. We somehow need to get him in our first team.

Even though he’s signed the long term deal I hope he gets his first class debut with us rather than whatever Hundred franchise he’s signed with. Obviously would have been a shoe-in for the RL side if not for that. 

7 hours ago, Graceroad said:

To be fair, he has no option but to be bullishly optimistic to try and encourage more of us to attend. We have to be competitive on the pitch though or people won’t return

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

No Ackermann for the Glamorgan game, Parky to captain the side. 

Steel and Patel come into the squad.

So all patched up between Steel and Nixon then.

There was no mention that Ackermann had a hand injury after the Middlesex game or on Monday's cricket show.

30 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

So all patched up between Steel and Nixon then.

There was no mention that Ackermann had a hand injury after the Middlesex game or on Monday's cricket show.

Indeed hid that one well! Would like to see what Steel can do in the red ball game.