Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Only one short of the record for a first-class English county match (4)! Another one where the batsman stumbled to the crease instead of executing a half-decent dive, Parky only missing out by a few mm's at most.

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Mike’s having a strange season. Brilliant to get that wicket but his latest three over spell went at 10 an over. 

Standard Ben Mike. Looks more likely to get a wicket than some of our attack but going at way too high a rate, more than 6 an over after 9 overs bowled.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I hope they can both turn it around, but Hendricks in particular is looking like our worst overseas player since I don't know who, perhaps ever.

Averaging 143 with the ball so far this season. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Yep I think Mulder and Hendricks have both been very, very disappointing this season. Fingers crossed for an imminent upturn in performance.

Looking across the counties it seems like the Pakistani overseas lads are all doing very well indeed so perhaps that's where we should look too in future.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cakey said:

Varun Aaron was surely the worst. 

He bowled a ball on the full that went over the keepers head if you recall....

Not strictly overseas he played as a kolpak player but Jermaine Lawson in 2008 was awful played a couple of matches against Middlesex and Northants picking up 2 wickets for around 300 runs and went for 6 an over.Signed a 2 year contract but left after a couple of months never to be seen again

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

15 no balls from the bowlers today

Hendricks bowled at least half of those in his opening few overs. He nearly fell over with his attempt at his first ball. I keep expecting an amazing spell from him, but it’s looking less and less likely.

Think it’s a bit harsh to judge Mulder at the moment. There’s a bit there and he’s only three games in after covid. Think he’s more in for his batting but needs to stop giving his wicket away. His bowling ave is 195 though!

Didn’t realise Mike’s bowling ave is currently 13.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Hendricks bowled at least half of those in his opening few overs. He nearly fell over with his attempt at his first ball. I keep expecting an amazing spell from him, but it’s looking less and less likely.

Think it’s a bit harsh to judge Mulder at the moment. There’s a bit there and he’s only three games in after covid. Think he’s more in for his batting but needs to stop giving his wicket away. His bowling ave is 195 though!

Didn’t realise Mike’s bowling ave is currently 13.

Is that Mike’s average or economy rate?? 🤣 

Seriously though I think Mike can have a great season across all formats. He just need to be more disciplined with his bowling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ha! Totally forgot about him, supposed to of been rapid but that’s no good if you can’t actually bowl straight 

He was rapid. Hit Stuart Broad in the head. Never the same batsman again. But as you say useful to pitch the ball or hit the strip

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

That probably is a great example of the decline in the standard of the 4 day professional cricketer. Wells was great and we picked him up from Kent seconds all those years ago. Oh for another Wells or Habib.

Wells is back down here in Kent. He is Head of Cricket at Sutton Valence School

• Like 1