Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

We can’t lose by an innings. Still incredibly disappointing though.

Last three wickets need to put on 150-odd to have a chance and that’s probably still not enough.

True, I blame watching the Tigers whilst keeping an eye on the cricket 😁

• Like 1

I'm finding this season incredibly frustrating. Our performances are increasingly playing into the narrative the likes of Agnew, Pietersen and others are pushing to try and get rid of us.

I know everything they espouse is nonsense but it would be preferable to be ramming it back down their throats.

• Like 4

We've been comprehensively outplayed in every game so far, hardly winning a single session. Sadly, we are way off the required standard. We've at least been competitive for the past 2 seasons but it looks like we've regressed big time this season. Nailed on for bottom place, I fear.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Marcus Harris held our batting together last season, giving confidence to the other batters as well, this enabled us to post decent scores and be competitive in games, it was a real shame he didn’t come back.

I think this is harsh on Lewis Hill. Harris was clearly good and our inability to replace him as an overseas team player with another batsman is one of the daftest moves going. But the one time we’ve competed with the bat this season, we had Lewis in there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think this is harsh on Lewis Hill. Harris was clearly good and our inability to replace him as an overseas team player with another batsman is one of the daftest moves going. But the one time we’ve competed with the bat this season, we had Lewis in there. 

It’s not harsh on Lewis at all and wasn’t intended to be so in any way at all. 
We relied hugely on Harris last season and he brought the best out of the other batters. Having a quality batter in there breeds confidence.

3 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Fair play to Mike who again has at least made sure we've the unlikeliest of targets to defend.

I'd bat him at 6 in the next game and bowl him sparingly.

His bowling average is 13 to be fair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Anyone know when Hill is fit again?

He, Azad and Mike might give us the spine of a batting unit with Patel having put a hand up too.

Could do with a bowling attack that can get a side out for less than 350-400+. Seven seamers and two spinners kicking their heels on the sidelines, but none deemed better than this shower. The amount of no balls this season has been terrible, particularly from Hendricks, Mike and Mulder, but this match has been nothing short of catastrophic. They should all be sent out for an hour to practice their run-ups when the match is over. Hendricks' average looks good on paper and I had high hopes he would add variety, but after five matches he is arguably getting worse not better and at nearly 32, could be a busted flush.

We've completely thrown away a good start here against a Glamorgan team, missing a couple of their best bowlers. We were 152-1 at one stage and will end up losing comprehensively, because of some atrocious shots first inning and the mind-bogglingly bad bowling effort. I'm pretty furious with this match tbh.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Could do with a bowling attack that can get a side out for less than 350-400+. Seven seamers and two spinners kicking their heels on the sidelines, but none deemed better than this shower. The amount of no balls this season has been terrible, particularly from Hendricks, Mike and Mulder, but this match has been nothing short of catastrophic. They should all be sent out for an hour to practice their run-ups when the match is over. Hendricks' average looks good on paper and I had high hopes he would add variety, but after five matches he is arguably getting worse not better and at nearly 32, could be a busted flush.

We've completely thrown away a good start here against a Glamorgan team, missing a couple of their best bowlers. We were 152-1 at one stage and will end up losing comprehensively, because of some atrocious shots first inning and the mind-bogglingly bad bowling effort. I'm pretty furious with this match tbh.

I prefer not to think about the bowling to be honest. Agree with everything you've said.

Barnes is surely due a recall at least and strengthens the bowling.

I am sad to say I think Hendricks doesn't look worth persevering with. Be better off giving Walker a go.

Edited by CrawlingFox

At least we showed a bit of fight today but it was just delaying the inevitable really. Any chance that Ackermann and Hill could be back for the next game? I'd also bring back Barnes in place of Hendricks. Ideally, the team would be:

Azad

Evans

Patel 

Ackermann

Hill

Mulder

Mike 

Swindells

Barnes

Parky 

Wright 

• Like 2