Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

22 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

38 no balls!!! 38! 
Thirty f@ckig 8 no balls 

Is this some kind of record? 

We’re shit as it is, so we don’t need this to makes us even shitter. 

roll on T20 

I can't see us being much better at that!

On 08/05/2022 at 12:05, CoventryFox said:

38 no balls!!! 38! 
Thirty f@ckig 8 no balls 

Is this some kind of record? 

We’re shit as it is, so we don’t need this to makes us even shitter. 

roll on T20 

Not defending them at all but isn’t it 19 no balls…. Which is in itself still terrible.

52 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Not defending them at all but isn’t it 19 no balls…. Which is in itself still terrible.

BBC website says 38 in the 1st innings and 12 in the second (from 40 overs). So a nice round half century of no balls. School boy stuff 

13 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

4000 free tickets for the next Championship game and 250 tickets at half price for each of the first two t20 games. They are trying in fairness.

Make the Championship freebies more common and advertise them better and it's a very good scheme. Google Leicestershire free tickets and you get an article from the website and one by DMU regarding it. Aware it might be on certain people's/groups socials Jarvis etc, but you have to know who they are or following them to have that visibility.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Make the Championship freebies more common and advertise them better and it's a very good scheme. Google Leicestershire free tickets and you get an article from the website and one by DMU regarding it. Aware it might be on certain people's/groups socials Jarvis etc, but you have to know who they are or following them to have that visibility.

Yeah agree, not really sure why they have not been hammering it. 

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's hardly fair on the members if you offer free tickets more then once a season

4 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

It's hardly fair on the members if you offer free tickets more then once a season

If they were to offer them out to kids who are with a paying adult to Championship games over weekends or during the holidays, I don't really see the issue. Or you limit it to so many times the same person can claim.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

If they were to offer them out to kids who are with a paying adult to Championship games over weekends or during the holidays, I don't really see the issue. Or you limit it to so many times the same person can claim.

That's different no problems with offering them to kids .Growing up in the late 80s you used to get loads of kids down Grace Road inc Geoff Peters and my old school mate Sean Goldsmith who's now on virgin Radio  happy times

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

That's different no problems with offering them to kids .Growing up in the late 80s you used to get loads of kids down Grace Road inc Geoff Peters and my old school mate Sean Goldsmith who's now on virgin Radio  happy times

They could probably make the money back on a Championship childrens ticket with the children just badgering their parents to buy x, y and z whilst down there.

6 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Azad

Evans

Patel

Ackerman

Kimber/Hill

Mulder

Mike

Swindells

Parkinson

Wright

Hendricks

Thats my prediction vs Sussex 

I'd bring in the leggy for Hendricks and open with Steel and Azad. 

Hill and the skipper are back in the squad, Steel and Kimber make way. 

"A 𝗵𝘂𝗴𝗲 boost ahead of the visit of Sussex. Captain 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 & 𝗟𝗲𝘄𝗶𝘀 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗹 both return to the fold, as Head Coach @Paulnico199 names a 13-man squad."

https://twitter.com/leicsccc/status/1524434166565285890

Edited by LBTufty
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Hill and the skipper are back in the squad, Steel and Kimber make way. 

"A 𝗵𝘂𝗴𝗲 boost ahead of the visit of Sussex. Captain 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗻 & 𝗟𝗲𝘄𝗶𝘀 𝗛𝗶𝗹𝗹 both return to the fold, as Head Coach @Paulnico199 names a 13-man squad."

https://twitter.com/leicsccc/status/1524434166565285890

Is Parkinson captaining or is that an error?

I'd like to be surprised, but I've lost faith in this group. Pujara will be looking for more big runs in the race to 1000 before the end of May