Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

27 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Is Hendricks still being picked for his batting? If I was Ed Barnes, I'd be thinking about a move to another county this winter.

To be fair if you ignore the lack of wickets, multitude of runs conceded and the countless no balls then Hendricks is bowling very well indeed.

I wonder when Naveen arrives, perhaps he could be persuaded to play a few four day games in place of Hendricks after the Blast finishes. Hasn't played many but can't be worse.

Or we could you know, just play Barnes who looks competent with bat and ball.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given how long he spends at the crease,  Evans scores nowhere near enough runs. Really needs to improve his strike rate. 

Tortoise paced.

Azad is slow but Evans makes him look fast(well fastish). Evans ironically seems to have exactly the temperament missing in so many English batters, he's happy to grit it out and bat long periods but he also seems to lack many scoring shots and addionally doesn't seem comfortable taking the short ball on.

One thing I will certainly give Nico credit for is that he helped transformed Hill from a very average batsman into a very good one and I also think Mike looks much improved this season. So hopefully Evans can be coached to add the shots he needs as teaching the temperament is probably more difficult. Against him would be that he's already 24 so whilst he has time he's also past the age where he'd be considered a young prospect.

I think we need more from the opening partnership to be honest. We're they to stay in and bat all day we'd probably struggle to get 200 on the board and that's not really enough.

Edited by CrawlingFox

Strategically bizarre to keep playing our out of form overseas Hendricks when Barnes was in form, getting wickets and scoring useful lower order runs. 

Bad for English cricket. The ECB effectively funding us to give a South African playing time to the detriment of a young English player.

All I said at the start of the season was to be competitive. I don’t think in a single game we’ve even been remotely competitive yet. Even in the only game we haven’t lost we were hammered.

Beyond embarrassing. Surely Nixon must be on borrowed time assembling this bunch of 30 odd 1st team players of which you could count on one hand the ones that are even bog standard county players. 

A squad of about 30 and only 4 or 5 players good enough. They can dish out as many free tickets as they like but serving up dross like this every game will turn people completely away. 

We need a rebuild a bit like the tigers. The squad needs a collective purpose, not itty bitty players and it needs a coach who sets a standard. No piddling around with players who aren’t good enough, or who can’t hack criticism. Of the current squad only Azad, Ackerman, Hill, Parkinson, Wright and (maybe) Mike are anywhere near good enough to compete at this level of FC cricket.