Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Worth reading David Smiths statement on the leicestershireccc.co.uk website. Sounds like Allenby wanted it all his own way and was bullshitting. I like David Smiths attitude, if they don't want to play here boot them out. Anyone know why Cobbs not playing today, seems a bit odd ?

Worth reading David Smiths statement on the leicestershireccc.co.uk website. Sounds like Allenby wanted it all his own way and was bullshitting. I like David Smiths attitude, if they don't want to play here boot them out. Anyone know why Cobbs not playing today, seems a bit odd ?

:appl: David Smith did the right thing, Jim can fook right off

Granted 'no one is bigger than the club, we need loyalty' etc etc, but surely sticking one of our better players on gardening leave for 1/2 the season isn't the best for the team. Now it might turn out to be a masterstroke if du Toit comes good, but the league is so tight that 2-3 wins could give you a sniff of 2nd place and we still have 7 games left.

Reading more into it, (from last nights Merc report), they're trying to make an example of Allenby as a result of the Masters, Broad and Maddy debacles.

By the way, who is Chris Thompson?

Chris Thompson, I reckon is a second team player who's come through the ranks. Where oh where is Cobby though? Henderson had a great days bowling yesterday though, sign him up for another two years quick. Naik was bowling yesterday for the seconds and I think Malik will be back soon with a bit of luck.

Has anyone seen the team on BBC and Cricinfo today? It says that Masters and Dagnall are both playing for us. I'm guessing they've got the team sheet from about 5 years ago.

No it's correct Daniel Masters, brother of ex-player David, has been on trial with us playing 2nd team cricket since pre-season, must have been doing okay to get a nod in the 1st team today, and, Charlie Dagnall makes a shock return to first class cricket, he last played 5 years ago and retired due to injury having had operations for continuous shin problems, took up a career in media working on Radio Leicester as we know but he's taken a break from that for a few weeks, he says he is fit and wants a return so Leicestershire have given him the opportunity at the age of 33. He will have to be on top form today if Leicestershire are to defend 159!

No it's correct Daniel Masters, brother of ex-player David, has been on trial with us playing 2nd team cricket since pre-season, must have been doing okay to get a nod in the 1st team today, and, Charlie Dagnall makes a shock return to first class cricket, he last played 5 years ago and retired due to injury having had operations for continuous shin problems, took up a career in media working on Radio Leicester as we know but he's taken a break from that for a few weeks, he says he is fit and wants a return so Leicestershire have given him the opportunity at the age of 33. He will have to be on top form today if Leicestershire are to defend 159!

Do you think they are putting the emphasis on youth by putting Dagnell in? Why don't we get the brothers of Broad, Maddy and Allenby in [to name just a few] if they are available and put them in. We could call it Shitershire ccc.

Depends on how much of the season McDonald plays.

New, Cobb and Taylor will become more consistent with experience.

But that still leaves another seven places in the team to be filled by players who may or may not be good enough for county cricket.

Unless we manage to find a sugar daddy from somewhere, it could stay grim for a long while to come.

Yes thank you HD!

Can't see it improving much next season, we need a couple of good signings ideally in the bowling department, but, this year huh, has Tim Boon even given the team aims and targets for the season because they just seem to be playing for the salary, I honestly feel Boon should leave Leicestershire!