Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

16 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Callum Parkinson appointed as four day captain.

A very interesting development. I'm supportive of the change as Parky is a whole hearted and committed character and looks to have some tactical acumen too. Ackermann may also benefit from less pressure if he's able to focus purely on his batting.

Can't help but feel we'll need a lot more than this to turn around our four day campaign though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

No they were handed out to specific groups. You couldn’t just pick them up.

I reckon that’s probably about normal for freebies, if not above average when you factor in some may have considered leaving it to go down on the Sunday only for the weather to then be crap. Depends on what groups they were handed to really and how much interest the people in cricket had in the first place. 

I think that is reasonable tbh. What I'd expect. Thursday and Friday people are working and we were never in the game. So I think it's reasonable that. 

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

A very interesting development. I'm supportive of the change as Parky is a whole hearted and committed character and looks to have some tactical acumen too. Ackermann may also benefit from less pressure if he's able to focus purely on his batting.

Can't help but feel we'll need a lot more than this to turn around our four day campaign though.

You can't average 18 as club captain and I assume as the highest paid player - something's gotta give. However, I think he's been thrown under the bus somewhat by Nico, who made it clear that Ackerman picks the team, in his interview on the Cricket Show. Therefore washing his hands of all responsibility and now this looks like it's all Ackermann's fault. Not the first captaincy change we've had under Nico's tenure, I should add.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Well Hendricks and Evans are dropped. Roman Walker and Rehan come in. 

So who will open the batting?

Sounds like another fall out and mess behind the scenes. 

What happened to Rhodes? He was rightly dropped but has disappeared since, not even playing for the seconds

5 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

You can't average 18 as club captain and I assume as the highest paid player - something's gotta give. However, I think he's been thrown under the bus somewhat by Nico, who made it clear that Ackerman picks the team, in his interview on the Cricket Show. Therefore washing his hands of all responsibility and now this looks like it's all Ackermann's fault. Not the first captaincy change we've had under Nico's tenure, I should add.

That's seriously slopey shoulders from Nico. If he's delegating all responsibility for picking the team to the captain then least he can do is protect him in the media and face into the flack when it comes. Agree he's chucked him under the bus and it's poor leadership.

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

So who will open the batting?

Sounds like another fall out and mess behind the scenes. 

What happened to Rhodes? He was rightly dropped but has disappeared since, not even playing for the seconds

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Hill opening.

I would think Steele deserves ago opening. Has scored alot of runs in the 2s. Played one game and that was it. 

Obviously not playing in this one but it's odd. 

I thought they may just all move up one and Patel open. Maybe not. 

11 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Hill opening.

I think you might be right. If everyone moves up one, then Ackers end up at number 3, which he hates and will do nothing to improve his form. Rishi also said on Monday that the plan all pre-season was for him to bat 3 and he's adapted his game for that, so would then seem strange to move him out of that position. But a lot of strange things happen at the county.

On Ackers, Richard Rae said he had a lot on his plate, now I don't know if that is personal stuff in addition to his roles at Leics. But he is 4 day skip, then Blast skip, but after that he spends a month sitting around waiting for a game in the Hundred. He is 31 and should be at his peak as a batsman, has he really held his hands up and said, I can't do this, too much being captain etc. Or do I presume that he has essentially been sacked and the first 6 games are his fault. It would surprise me if he is off somewhere else at the end of the season