Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

8 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I’ve lost some of my enthusiasm for cricket in recent years, so haven’t followed that closely. But my assumption is that those squad members are not on big bucks. As you say, no household names?? Maybe the strategy of carrying mediocrity in depth is inherently flawed? Allied to what, at face-value, appears poor coaching and development, it’s hardly a recipe for success. 

Cricket realistically is an individual sport played as part of a team. You can’t ‘team spirit’ your way out of it if your squad is made of sub par players. So you’d definitely be correct there. 

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

Cricket realistically is an individual sport played as part of a team. You can’t ‘team spirit’ your way out of it if your squad is made of sub par players. So you’d definitely be correct there. 

The sad thing is the side is not made up of sub par players.Azad  Hill Ackermann when on form are all quality Patel looks an outstanding prospect Swindells avg over 40 last season Mulder a current test player Parkinson Wright Mike all good cricketers..We are lacking an  x factor bowler like Abbas who can turn sides over and a batsman who can score big on a regular basis  like Harris did last season.

38 minutes ago, Manini said:

Anyone venturing to Headingley on Sunday? 

Umming and Errring - if it was a BH Monday, definitely but the CC performances have put a major downer on it for me. I had arranged to round up mates for Saturday but can't be arsed to sort out tickets. 

Although yet to be selected, he replaced Jason Roy at table-topping Gujarat Titans in the IPL back in March. Not seen if he will be released or stay with GT for the remainder of the tournament, which finishes this Sunday.

On 20/05/2022 at 10:08, Lako42 said:

Just cannot see us somehow managing to enter the blast with any confidence. 

This level of ineptness seeps into everything unfortunately and those who play both formats will have zero confidence.  

It’ll be a completely different side. A much stronger one in the Penalty Shoot Out format. Pretty sure we never meant to complete in the long form.  

We’ll be 33/1 or 50/1 as usual with the bookies for the T20. Because we’ve been shiter than shite and T20 is basically a the equivalent of a penalty shoot out. I will be sticking £50 on the nose for us to be champions. Ps Nico is solely a 20 over coach. He doesn’t a a clue in the other 2 formats. 

1 hour ago, CoventryFox said:

Extremely underwhelmed by this. Was so much looking forward to Gurbaz. I really hope this post doesn’t age well! 

Agreed, I was keen to see what Gurbaz could do. Rutherford isn't a bad stand in though if it was short notice but I wouldn't have minded us looking at Gareth Delaney again to be honest. Powerful bat and useful leg spin.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think he’s referring to the Notts 4 day fixture which is ridiculously scheduled during the T20 straight after the home T20 vs Notts! 

Why not play the t20s during the CC matches? Extend lunch and tea and play an innings during each.

ECB great idea #9651.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Why not play the t20s during the CC matches? Extend lunch and tea and play an innings during each.

ECB great idea #9651.

To be fair they could probably fit them in on day three and four of the CC Game lol

• Haha 3

Did he mention Hendricks at all during his question and answer session? 

Thought we may be able to get out that contract......

Rutherford be more use in the four day team I'd say. 

He may prove me wrong hopefully will

• Like 1