Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Just now, Cakey said:

Aaron Lilley played like a Village 2s player. Dropped a dolly. Bowled 2 of the worst overs I've seen. Anywhere. Then was about 2 seconds off every shot and just scooped it in the air. 

Awful

He wouldn't get a game at any other professional club. The way nixon talks about him you would of thought he was the next Jos butler. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Mike, Parkinson, Ahmed, Patel; you can probably just about hold your heads high.

The rest of them are an absolute shower. Pathetic. 

Naveen can be excused from the sound of a flushing toilet, he could have had a few more tonight. Otherwise, carry on.....

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just get him gone. 

Equally time for Jarvis to stop waffling and stop the nostalgia within the higher points of the club 

I get the off field stuff is important as well, but pointless really when what happens on the field is so dire they won't need to worry about the other stuff soon.

Also seems he was pretty optimistic on the attendance.

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

Only thing worse then the performance was Richard Raes commentary.He can't even tell the difference between Walker and Naveen

Thought that was the other chap but commentary was on a par with our performance

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I get the off field stuff is important as well, but pointless really when what happens on the field is so dire they won't need to worry about the other stuff soon.

Also seems he was pretty optimistic on the attendance.

The biggest pull to crowds is having a competitive team. You need to be in games. A night like tonight your attendance is 25% left the ground through the second innings therefore affecting your takings across the grounds. 

All season we’ve been out of games and really poor. It’s taken tailend grit to get results. 

All signs are that there are some serious mixed messages when it comes to recruitment

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The biggest pull to crowds is having a competitive team. You need to be in games. A night like tonight your attendance is 25% left the ground through the second innings therefore affecting your takings across the grounds. 

All season we’ve been out of games and really poor. It’s taken tailend grit to get results. 

All signs are that there are some serious mixed messages when it comes to recruitment

Couldn't agree more, we really need to throw whatever budget we have at a few good signings to set the standard. 

Get Adam Griffith in as Head Coach, with a couple of Australian overseas lads for the championship, if not all formats next year. With the Ashes over here then, I'm sure there would be a few hoping they could emulate what Labuschagne did at Glamorgan.

Hopefully we'd start to put together some competitive and entertaining efforts and like you said begin drawing more in and keeping them down there.

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Couldn't agree more, we really need to throw whatever budget we have at a few good signings to set the standard. 

Get Adam Griffith in as Head Coach, with a couple of Australian overseas lads for the championship, if not all formats next year. With the Ashes over here then, I'm sure there would be a few hoping they could emulate what Labuschagne did at Glamorgan.

Hopefully we'd start to put together some competitive and entertaining efforts and like you said begin drawing more in and keeping them down there.

Are you related to Adam Griffith by any chance?He was bloody useless when he played for us

Nothing short of an embarrassment tonight. That side out there is not too different in personnel that has been competitive over the last couple of years. There are clear signs of regression now and it leads only to changes in management and leadership. We have “good guys” in charge who are far too nice and it needs shaking up. 

On the topic of Lilley… I don’t think I can ever forgive him for that misfield at Notts in the Blast quarter final 2 years ago but tonight, not only did his performance stink but his attitude stunk too. Constantly berated Naveens throws to bowlers side when he Lilley was bowling then was throwing his arms in the air and sulking every time Walker was smacked about and was openly berating him to Ben Mike. I’d start the cull with him. 

Problem with dropping Walker now is that Griffiths comes in who equally will concede 60+ runs from 4 overs… Davis would be a better shout but isn’t one of Nixon’s favourites. 

Steel and Swindells should return Saturday too and if Nixon really is serious then there needs to be a serious reaction on Saturday. 

I would like to see: 

Rutherford

Steel 

Patel

Ackermann

Hill 

Swindells 

Ahmed

Mike 

Parkinson 

Naveen

Davis

Steel a much preferred spin option to Lilley too

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Are you related to Adam Griffith by any chance?He was bloody useless when he played for us

Not sure how his playing career with us is related to his coaching ability. Nixon was class for us but coaching wise he hasn't been. Also I'm only using Griffith as an example as I think we'd do well going down the Australian route and it's someone with an existing affiliation to the county.

Although he didn't win anything with Tasmania or Hobart, the chairman of Tasmanian cricket gave him no end of praise for the work he did across all 3 formats. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Lilley is an absolute liability in the field. Even besides the Notts horror show as mentioned above he regularly drops east catches.

Cant blame Walker too much, first game for us and should never been put up to bowl that final over.

Parkinson in at 10 doesn’t make much sense given his form with the bat.

We have enough decent players to be competitive, there’s just too many issues one week to the next.

Steele in for Lilley is the only change I’d make. Move Hill higher up the order, not exactly sure who for but he’s not a T20 opener.

The whole thought process is scrambled. Parkinson at 11. Walker bowling out on debut having been tapped. Ackerman not bowling himself.

Ahmed Nuveen and Parkinson bowled 12 overs for less than 80!

Buck stops at the top I’m afraid. Too many jobs for the boys.

I’ll repeat it again. Derbyshire got Mickey Arthur and brought in Ian Bell as batting coach…………

• Like 2

Lots of reaction on here, which is good as it shows there's loads of interest in the club...11th most followers on twitter etc.

LIlley and Walker have been in great form for the seconds, but then play shite tonight. 

Worse start possible with Hamish out first ball, but then why do they let slip immediately to 12-3, which is so difficult to come back from chasing 180+. Gave up 20 runs too many bowling.

Hamish and Ackers need to get some big scores if we are to win games. The experienced players have got to drag us out of this slump