Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Lots of reaction on here, which is good as it shows there's loads of interest in the club...11th most followers on twitter etc.

LIlley and Walker have been in great form for the seconds, but then play shite tonight. 

Worse start possible with Hamish out first ball, but then why do they let slip immediately to 12-3, which is so difficult to come back from chasing 180+. Gave up 20 runs too many bowling.

Hamish and Ackers need to get some big scores if we are to win games. The experienced players have got to drag us out of this slump

We don't have the 11th most twitter followers we are 17th only Nothants have less would suggest people take everything Jarvis says with a pitch of salt he also said ticket sales were going through the roof for last night's game which was clearly not the case.

9 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

We don't have the 11th most twitter followers we are 17th only Nothants have less would suggest people take everything Jarvis says with a pitch of salt he also said ticket sales were going through the roof for last night's game which was clearly not the case.

That’s obviously just PR to get more people to try and get there. 

Steel in to open is an absolute no brainer especially given he bowls too and alongside Rutherford should give us a solid partnership.

Drop Lilley - batted, bowled and fielded poorly. He's in because he goes hard, but he inevitably goes early too. One 50 a season not enough. Frankly I think Ben Mike would score more runs at not far off the same rate if asked to go in at 3.

Rutherford

Steel

Swindells

Patel

Hill

Ackermann

Mike

Ahmed

Walker

Parkinson

Naveen

I'd perhaps keep faith with Walker for now, he bowled well for Glamorgan last season and has gone well for the 2nds, sometimes in this format you can just take tap.

Tempted to put Mike and Ahmed above Hill and Ackermann too after last night's efforts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Naveed bowled well too. 

10 hours ago, LBTufty said:

Naveen can be excused from the sound of a flushing toilet, he could have had a few more tonight. Otherwise, carry on.....

Deducted points for absolute heinous pads.

• Haha 2

To be fair I feel sorry for Jarvis. He's in a bit of a shit situation.

Doing his best off the field (and I do believe hes making the right efforts) whilst we serve up absolute tripe on it. Unfortunately in sport and business he can't afford to react to the on field performances by meekly going quiet and backing off as standing still is going backwards so we have this contrast in what we hear/read from him and then what we see when we are woeful on the pitch.

However he's ultimately accountable and increasingly looks like he has a big decision to make about our coach.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

So we have 4 games in the next week. When do people think we will win a game?

1. Saturday - Derby H

2. Sunday - Yorkshire A

3. Wednesday - Northants A

4. Thursday - Birmingham A

5. None of the Above

Northants were appalling bad last night 

I thought there were a fair few there last night for a cold midweek where it often looked like it would rain. Must have been around 2,000. Do they publish attendances?

Not sure if we went defensive with our fields too early as Durham seemed to use the large outfield to milk lots of twos which we struggled to do. I guess it doesn’t really matter if you can’t bat yourself though.

Fair play to Ahmed. Would have been really depressing without his performance.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

To be fair hearing tickets sales 'going through the roof' would probably put me off attempting to go

For some people though they’d be like “oh best get a ticket”. 

3 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

So we have 4 games in the next week. When do people think we will win a game?

1. Saturday - Derby H

2. Sunday - Yorkshire A

3. Wednesday - Northants A

4. Thursday - Birmingham A

5. None of the Above

I'll be honest, given the 'form' of our batsman the only way that we will be able to win any of those games is if our bowlers can skittle a team for a very low score. The problem with that is that we only have 3 competent T20 bowlers based on last night's performance. If Yorkshire field their England players against us then that could be a total annihilation.