Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

43 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

No way will we beat Yorkshire with their quality! 🤣

Who knows it's a lottery Rutherford out first ball yesterday who's to say he won t score 80 off 40 balls next time.Remember Griffiths took 4\24 v Lancs off 4 overs last year then a couple of games later went for 60 off 3 overs v Yorkshire

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

That's shocking... it feels like the club is going backwards in so many ways.

Unbelievable i only found out by chance looked up what Shiv Thakor been up to recently and on his website there's a testimonial from Sean Jarvis saying what a great recruitment he has been to the club

Increasingly feel like serious change is needed. A real clear out and an old school coach brought in, for all this talk of data analysis and now a life coach we're just sinking further into the mire. Not to say I'm not a fan of thr data driven approach to recruitment but we aren't getting much right at the moment.

Very jealous of Derbysbire and their acquisition of Mickey Arthur at the moment.

Edited by CrawlingFox

1 minute ago, Graceroad said:

Unbelievable i only found out by chance looked up what Shiv Thakor been up to recently and on his website there's a testimonial from Sean Jarvis saying what a great recruitment he has been to the club

Seen that. Given he's some sort of 'performance coach' he probably wants to bin off any mention of County from his page given current performances.

Just now, Graceroad said:

I'm liking the positive attitude Sean Jarvis brings to the club, I think he's too focused on the commerical side and not being ruthless enough on playing side.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Unchanged squad. Swindells left out again 🤣 

Shambles

This is very frustrating.

Alright he's been poor this season he did scrape a 50 in the last four day game and has been very good for the seconds in the t20 games. He's also performed really well in the format over the last couple seasons on top of being a local lad who has shown willingness to go in and do the tough jobs at a young age (thrown in to open in t20s at the start of his career). Should be a fixture in the side, frankly as a t20 batter I'd rate him over everyone in the side other than Rutherford and Ackermann who at least have the pedigree if not the form in the latter's case.

Swindell's t20 average is only 20.8 but that's higher than Lilley (20), Hill (18), Patel (17) and Kimber (15). His career strike rate isn't great but both last season and the one before it was a more acceptable 120+.

Granted averages don't tell the whole story as the likes of Patel are on an upward trend but I think those numbers really illustrate what a poor batting lineup we have in this format. I think Swindells would be ideal at 3 as someone who can hang around and build a score whilst others accelerate with the ability to go big himself too.

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I'm liking the positive attitude Sean Jarvis brings to the club, I think he's too focused on the commerical side and not being ruthless enough on playing side.

Personally I’m becoming increasingly unsure of the bloke 

• Like 1

For a club trying to create the right culture they sure see, to shoot themselves in the foot.

And what’s all this recruitment of ex players. I hear Jigar Naik is doing good things but there are too many jobs for the boys.

It needs an outsiders perspective. Far too cosy and allows a culture of mediocrity to develop.

Very romantic to have Nixon, Henderson etc involved but……Derby plumped for Mickey Arthur. Ian Bell jumped at the challenge with no allegiance to the club. Look what happens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Just found out that convicted sex offender Shiv Thakor now back on the club's payroll as a life coach.Words fail me

As a life coach? What does that mean anyway? I don't think exposing yourself to young women makes him the best role model. What message does it send out to potential female fans and girls who want to play cricket? I'm in favour of rehabilitation but you have to consider the role and original offence. I wouldn't want my daughter anywhere near him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Is he not still on the Sex Offenders Register?

He was placed on the list for five years and he was convicted for in November 2017 so maybe he still is. No evidence of any qualifications on his website to support his role as life coach. But quite a substantial recommendation from Sean Jarvis. Of all the people knocking around offering this sort of service, why pick him