Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

26 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Would that be the CEO who came up with the ridiculous Running Foxes tag tells lies on local radio about ticket sales and popularity on social media and decides to employ a convicted sex offender as a life coach.

Who is the convicted sex offender?

3 minutes ago, adam said:

I see. At least we invest ours in some top quality overseas players 

On paper you can’t really grumble about the plan for Gurbaz, the replacement- Rutherford or Wiaan Mulder. 

hendricks has definitely struggled over here though. 

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mark Butcher mentioned a few shouts of Nixon Out

He and Nasser talked a lot of sense. It is about the players being honest with each other, working hard and eradicating mistakes, but maybe they have stopped playing for the current management group. They look utterly joyless out there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

He and Nasser talked a lot of sense. It is about the players being honest with each other, working hard and eradicating mistakes, but maybe they have stopped playing for the current management group. They look utterly joyless out there

It isn't what you'd expect from a Paul Nixon team either

What's so depressing, is that every time I think we've reached "rock bottom" .................... we haven't.

I keep thinking of all the great times over the last 50 years, and I just can't believe how low we've sunk.

County Champions: 1975, 1996, 1998
Sunday League Champions: 1974, 1977
Benson & Hedges Cup winners: 1972, 1975, 1985
20-20 Cup winners: 2004, 2006, 2011

I can't claim to be a cricket "fanatic" and would be classed as a part-time fan ... but it's always been so good to see them doing well over the years.    In the mid/late 1990's we had 3 great teams: the City, Tigers and County.    It was so great to have a superb sporting City on all fronts.  

City and Tigers doing well.   Every season I pray for the County to somehow get some top talent from somewhere.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

That 2011 side had so much experience: Henderson, Razzaq, Hoggard, Jefferson, Andrew McDonald. We are asking a lot of these young players with so few experienced pros in the side. Our captain looks like he want to be elsewhere and Rutherford has just arrived and knows nobody. Hill is fairly quiet and has not played that many games for his age. Lilley is no leader, quite the opposite. So where do they look for leadership? I really felt for Ben Mike, trying to do it on his own at the end, he looked like he might cry at one point.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

On paper you can’t really grumble about the plan for Gurbaz, the replacement- Rutherford or Wiaan Mulder. 

hendricks has definitely struggled over here though. 

Rather of just gave Harris a deal to play all formats. You can also grumble that Gurbaz might not have actually been available 

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

As I'm a Northamptonshire resident, I've booked the day off work on Wednesday to go to the T20 at Wantage Road.

Always try to go to that game, think the last one was 2017? What a run chase the Foxes completed! A couple were rained off, then covid happened. 

So depressing. My cricket career was Gunn & Moore Alliance, up here, and Thames Valley league down south……… and I don’t think any of the county’s batters  would have given us a moment’s worry even at that level. Absolutely desperate. 😳😞😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Aren't we hosting an England women's game? I'm assuming the consultancy and the glowing endorsement given haven't been picked up by anyone. 

Don't speak too soon....

I'm astonished he's such an expert in so many areas for someone so young, without and apparent training or qualifications. He'll sort out your diet, love life, finance, help you start a business

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Don't speak too soon....

I'm astonished he's such an expert in so many areas for someone so young, without and apparent training or qualifications. He'll sort out your diet, love life, finance, help you start a business

The whole thing seems tone deaf, you'd think someone would be on the ball regarding it even without hosting an England womens game.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

As I'm a Northamptonshire resident, I've booked the day off work on Wednesday to go to the T20 at Wantage Road.

Always try to go to that game, think the last one was 2017? What a run chase the Foxes completed! A couple were rained off, then covid happened. 

Last season had fans on Fathers Day. Leics won, Inglis hit a century 

• Like 1

Couldn’t believe what I was listening to on the Radio Leicester T20 preview. Presenter asked Nixon about the shit start and he came out with a “One thing I can tell is that we’re a tight unit, there are no rifts in the camp”. 

He evidenced this by mentioning a bbq in aylestone, a pool party at Ben Mike’s mum’s house and a team night out in Worcester after they got pasted lol 

It was pure parody stuff.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

What's so depressing, is that every time I think we've reached "rock bottom" .................... we haven't.

I keep thinking of all the great times over the last 50 years, and I just can't believe how low we've sunk.

County Champions: 1975, 1996, 1998
Sunday League Champions: 1974, 1977
Benson & Hedges Cup winners: 1972, 1975, 1985

I can't claim to be a cricket "fanatic" and would be classed as a part-time fan ... but it's always been so good to see them doing well over the years.    In the mid/late 1990's we had 3 great teams: the City, Tigers and County.    It was so great to have a superb sporting City on all fronts.  

City and Tigers doing well.   Every season I pray for the County to somehow get some top talent from somewhere.

Sadly we've fallen so badly since those halcyon days, we're just a minor county in all but name.