Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

20 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Excellent win

Now need to see it against teams we should be competing against for me to get remotely excited 

Totally agree, but if we have to have one or the other I'd rather we were giving the bigger counties a bloody nose. Strengthens the case for counties like us being of value.

4 hours ago, jammy_c said:

Have many of you visited Wantage Road and parked close by? I am considering travelling on Wednesday and looks similar to county with terraced streets and presumably parking regs.

Not been for a while but I recall there being a reasonable amount of parking at the ground itself. Only ever been to watch Championship days, mind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Next game I'd make one change. Swindells for Lilley. Swindells has a higher ceiling than Lilley and I'd see him as a good placer of the ball, and quick between the wickets. Decent in the field too. Lilley is a slogger who comes off about one knock in 7 or 8. 

Steel hasn't done much at the top of the order yet, but I hope he is given a few more games, as I believe there is something there. Rishi Patel has had a super few weeks. Good scores in the Championship, and dynamic in T20. I think there could be lots more to come from him. We know Ackers is a good player, so let's hope yesterday brings him back into form. Hill is a good player too. Perhaps just needs to trust himself and give himself a bit more time at the crease.

I think that the only person who can’t see that Swindells should be playing is the man who picks the team. Swindells far more consistent with the bat than Lilley for me, I’d rather have someone that consistently picks up 20s, 30s than someone who will hit a 50/60 once every 7 games and is out for single figures in the other 6, alongside being a total liability in the field. 

Perhaps Nixon likes Lilleys bowling option but with Steel in the side now and Ackermann who is yet to bowl being another option I don’t see the need for Lilley.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jammy_c said:

Have many of you visited Wantage Road and parked close by? I am considering travelling on Wednesday and looks similar to county with terraced streets and presumably parking regs.

There’s a park nearby that you are normally good to park alongside. It’s quite a nice area Tbf. Utterly amazed by the delivery robots around there 

• Like 1