Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Did anyone watch the Birmingham v Notts match?.The vastly overrated Braitwaite decided to retire himself out for the final over against the spinner having played and missed against him a number of times  in an earlier over then  with Notts needing 3 to win and 2 to tie off the final ball the non striker Samit Patel decided to do the same..Hope this don't become a regular event goes against the spirit of the game imo

46 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Did anyone watch the Birmingham v Notts match?.The vastly overrated Braitwaite decided to retire himself out for the final over against the spinner having played and missed against him a number of times  in an earlier over then  with Notts needing 3 to win and 2 to tie off the final ball the non striker Samit Patel decided to do the same..Hope this don't become a regular event goes against the spirit of the game imo

Perhaps we could use this to our advantage if Hamish Rutherford is still not out after the first over.

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Love that - just admitting he's too tubby to get between the wickets

7 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Of course Patel could've opted for a runner. 

As you say tho, this is against the spirit of the game and a rule brought In that retirements are allowable only with umpires permission or something 

Delighted for the club to sell out tomorrow. Hopefully the ticket prices will make more money than if they'd had 2,000 at £20 but either way it gets bum on seats, pints and food sold and hopefully some new fans. If they can back it up with a performance then we're balling.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Many years ago don't forget through tickets normally at least £20 now being sold for a tenner so it's only the equivalent of a crowd of less then 3k

Not on the beer and food front.

The extra credibility a full ground gives rather than half empty also can't be sniffed at. 

Surprised a mid week game has sold out tbh. 

Does anyone else find the ticket purchasing on the website absolute crap? 

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not on the beer and food front.

The extra credibility a full ground gives rather than half empty also can't be sniffed at. 

Surprised a mid week game has sold out tbh. 

Does anyone else find the ticket purchasing on the website absolute crap? 

That's a good point although not sure many families are going to spend £4 for a Coke

Quite gutted this has sold out tbh. Always make an effort to go to any game I can, but due to my work pattern it's usually very few. This season, I could only make 2, the first and the last. Now today I just got an unexpected day off from work, in the past I'd pick up a ticket and now I can't. If anyones got a spare going I'd happily pay for it.

11 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Quite gutted this has sold out tbh. Always make an effort to go to any game I can, but due to my work pattern it's usually very few. This season, I could only make 2, the first and the last. Now today I just got an unexpected day off from work, in the past I'd pick up a ticket and now I can't. If anyones got a spare going I'd happily pay for it.

Try ringing them and see if they have had a return or could somehow find one more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Many years ago don't forget through tickets normally at least £20 now being sold for a tenner so it's only the equivalent of a crowd of less then 3k

No problem with it to be honest. The lower you price games, the more people who can afford it. The more people who can afford it, the bigger the fanbase. The bigger the fanbase, the more people encourage other mates, family etc to come along. That's exactly why T20 was launched in the first place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Doesn’t look close to full on the streams 

Alot of people walking about getting beers etc. Biggest crowd I've seen in years. 

Not saying much. 

Where I am it's quite full