Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I doubt they did it for a laugh. 

Turning down revenue would be utterly absurd. 

I doubt they did but something has gone pear shaped. Be surprised if it's half full. 

Lancashire have won their last five games so no surprise we lost this one, but everything to play for in terms of reaching the top four.

We're being handicapped an overseas batter getting nowhere the output we would expect. I wonder if Gurbaz will be back for the last five matches as The Zimbabwe series finishes on 14th June.

8 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Lancashire have won their last five games so no surprise we lost this one, but everything to play for in terms of reaching the top four.

We're being handicapped an overseas batter getting nowhere the output we would expect. I wonder if Gurbaz will be back for the last five matches as The Zimbabwe series finishes on 14th June.

Don't think Gurbaz will be back the contract was cancelled 

31 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Don't think Gurbaz will be back the contract was cancelled 

In that case, we have no choice but to drop Rutherford for one of our existing players then. We can't continue with an opener who is averaging about 7.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

11 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

In that case, we have no choice but to drop Rutherford for one of our existing players then. We can't continue with an opener who is averaging about 7.

Think they will persist with Rutherford and hope he can find form.We know he's quality the 100 he scored at Grace Road in 2019 for Worcs was pure class

If anybody is thinking of going to Derbyshire tomorrow and hasn't bought tickets then use code EYS2022. It is too late to save myself and my friend but you'll get your ticket for a tenner rather than £18. Annoyingly they put it on the ticket 'to return' once you have it.

24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yep averaging 7 from 7 innings at less than a run a ball.

Our batting has been terrible. We've had players top 50 five times in 7 innings with only Steel going to past 60 and other than Mike with 3 not outs boosting his average into the mid 30s we've Steel at 26, Patel at 22 and Ackermann at 21 topping our averages. Only Mike has a s/r above 132 which is where Patel, Hill and Steel are all sat. Mike to his credit is striking at 155.

In addition to Rutherford offering little Arron Lilley is averaging 13 at 127.

There is a clear opportunity to bring Swindells in for one of those two and possibly Welch too given he can't do worse than Rutherford. I'd be getting on the phone to Gareth Delaney who is playing over in Ireland and I'm sure could be tempted over for the last 7 Blast games. He'd add power hitting up top which we desperately need, or even George Munsey who would give the same though I can't see either happening which is a shame as our bowling has been very strong and certainly good enough for the knockouts if our batting could fire.

Welch (Delaney/Munsey)

Steel

Swindells

Ackermann

Patel

Hill

Mike

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen

Davis

Edited by CrawlingFox

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Probably only got a health safety certificate for a certain number. Not that uncommon. 

I wondered that.   Although it does beg the question, what the "safety" issues are in a nice big open ground?   I'm not aware of any covid-related capacity issues still in force.

I'm pretty sure Grace Road has a capacity of 6000.   I'd say it was about half full last night.  No more. So say 3000.

Three years ago the T20 match v Notts had an attendance of just over 4700,   So what other non-covid "safety" issue would have changed since then?

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I wondered that.   Although it does beg the question, what the "safety" issues are in a nice big open ground?   I'm not aware of any covid-related capacity issues still in force.

I'm pretty sure Grace Road has a capacity of 6000.   I'd say it was about half full last night.  No more. So say 3000.

Three years ago the T20 match v Notts had an attendance of just over 4700,   So what other non-covid "safety" issue would have changed since then?

A few people on Twitter have commented about the empty seats last night no comment from the club so far

I said in the general thread when I went to see Lancs Notts I was amazed by their bowling power, which is funny as everyone focusses on their batting power.

Can't see past the winning it this year, I think we did well to get as many runs as we did to be honest.

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Fire escapes/exits is my immediate thought, especially given the additional properties been constructed there. 

It may be staffing 

Im hedging my bets mind 

Certainly seemed quite full where I sat, with a steady stream of people using the food places and bars. I imagine some of the empty seats must be to do with sponsors tickets. I was able to go in the end thanks to a great bloke on here (I'll leave him anonymous for now as he DM'd me (and despite the result I'm still very grateful for the ticket!)). I got two off him, sponsor tickets (I was able to give the other away outside the ground) but there's two empty seats had I not gone, multiply that by all the sponsors that's a lot of seats. If every sponsor gets tickets for the matches there's no way they are all going to be used every game and the club can't resell them, as they might be used. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

There is a clear opportunity to bring Swindells in for one of those two and possibly Welch too given he can't do worse than Rutherford. I'd be getting on the phone to Gareth Delaney who is playing over in Ireland and I'm sure could be tempted over for the last 7 Blast games. He'd add power hitting up top which we desperately need, or even George Munsey who would give the same though I can't see either happening which is a shame as our bowling has been very strong and certainly good enough for the knockouts if our batting could fire.

Welch (Delaney/Munsey)

Steel

Swindells

Ackermann

Patel

Hill

Mike

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen

Davis

In terms of Delaney, Ireland internationals are on contracts now, so it's not so easy to sign them. They have two games coming up against India (both sold out) at the end of June, but around those he doesn't have international commitments. By the way, Malahide and Clontarf are beautiful places to watch cricket and you get a wonderful pint of Guinness.

Edited by MaidstoneFox
  • Like 1