Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

19 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Lancs are unreal. 

Just posted 214 at Headingley

Yeah they look incredible, they battered Notts at Trent Bridge last week too. But looking at that batting line up, it's probably one of the strongest the competition has ever seen and they'd get Buttler back for any knockout games too.

I’d say that Yorks Lancs game probably goes in to my top 3 games I’ve ever been to. Shame it was two test venue sides I suppose, but a great advert for domestic t20 cricket and cements itself as the best short format game we’ve got. 

9 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

How can anyone prefer that franchised Hundred Shite to T20?

Baffling.

The ECB and their stooges in the media were even crowing about dropping crowds in the Blast this season. They'll be more than happy to kill off county cricket and replace it with their franchises eventually.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

How can anyone prefer that franchised Hundred Shite to T20?

Do you mind if I enjoy both? for me, cricket is far less tribal than football. I support LCFC and have a season ticket, and obviously I follow England, but with far less intensity. Cricket is a much less intense experience for me. I enjoy it, I enjoy watching it with friends and families, and I go to England games and the occasional LCCC game. I enjoy watching T20, but equally I found the Hundred entertaining too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Do you mind if I enjoy both? for me, cricket is far less tribal than football. I support LCFC and have a season ticket, and obviously I follow England, but with far less intensity. Cricket is a much less intense experience for me. I enjoy it, I enjoy watching it with friends and families, and I go to England games and the occasional LCCC game. I enjoy watching T20, but equally I found the Hundred entertaining too. 

Personally I found it hard to get into the Hundred. Aside from my concern that it will kill off counties like Leics and has stupid gimmicks like 10 ball overs, I just don't have any view on, or connection with, any of the teams. Whilst I accept that cricket is less tribal, I think sport is more enjoyable when you want one team to win more than the other. 

• Like 4

I think the crazy thing about Lancs is everyone expecting Livingstone to be the main man, and Tim David comes in at 5/6 and smashes it to all parts weekly lol. Then if he fails the skipper Villas comes in and does the same. 

Also Jennings is just this perfect 'i'll try and be here to the end but still smash a few' T20 player

Down to about Number 6 they have players who can/could be openers for any T20 side. 

52 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Personally I found it hard to get into the Hundred. Aside from my concern that it will kill off counties like Leics and has stupid gimmicks like 10 ball overs, I just don't have any view on, or connection with, any of the teams. Whilst I accept that cricket is less tribal, I think sport is more enjoyable when you want one team to win more than the other. 

I get increasing pissed off that T20 Blast just wasn’t given the same investment as the 100. See the slick adverts out at the moment and it winds me up. Problem is in larger cities where these 100 games are a significant percentage of the crowd will be people who live in the city but probably aren’t from the city originally, therefore they don’t get the alienation of say a Leics or Worcs fan. It’s just another night out, like axe throwing or what other corporate trend is going 

That said was pointed out in an excellent cricinfo article recently that T20 Blast after initial bump slowed down and they had to relaunch it with a format change. Difference was T20 caught worldwide and two other competitions took it up a notch. That’s unlikely for the 100. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 4