Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Based on the home leg of this tie I think we can all look forward to next season. 

Loved the reverse psychology! Been at the senior league AGM so what a wonderful surprise it was to see Notts struggling once I could check. Fantastic win! Sets the final two games up nicely, all to play for! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Great result! 

Take a bow Ben Mike & Wiaan Mulder soke great catches in there!

P.s. One salty Notts commentator couldn't give LCCC any praise. Well mate your boys took one hell of a beating!!

Yeah. Pathetic that. Foxes looked fitter and up for it. 

Notts carried at least three in the field that must have cost them 12 runs 

Well done. Brilliant performance 

Our bowling attack and fielding is top, top class.

Even with our flaky, fragile batting we'll always be in with a chance with almost everyone keeping their economy under 8. Mike on 8.02 is the most expensive of those bowling today! He's been transformed this season.

16 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

According to Paul Johnson somebody recently beat Ackermans record.Pretty sure he's wrong about  that 7 wickets in 4 overs will take some beating

Probably means this women’s international.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/amp/sports/cricket/netherlands-frederique-becomes-first-pacer-to-take-7-wkts-in-t20-match-729486

9 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Loved it tonight. Decent amount of leicester in the fox road stand. Safe to say Notts fans did not like it. Foxes are you ready ready?

Excellent

Could only hear Leicestershire fans on the stream. 

Notts always strikes me as soulless. A real shame we've not performed at home as I really think GR has character when busy. 

31 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Excellent

Could only hear Leicestershire fans on the stream. 

Notts always strikes me as soulless. A real shame we've not performed at home as I really think GR has character when busy. 

I'm not having that lol it's an incredible ground and when full there's few places better.

But yes GR has the character and charm, i've always liked how the car park just feels like you've rocked up to a village cricket side and you're about to get your pads on lol 

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm not having that lol it's an incredible ground and when full there's few places better.

But yes GR has the character and charm, i've always liked how the car park just feels like you've rocked up to a village cricket side and you're about to get your pads on lol 

It is an incredible ground, like most of the test match venues, but the issue is it’s hardly ever full other than international matches. I get what  Lako is saying, for a lot of the domestic stuff the bigger grounds do feel a bit soulless. It’s the same at Headingley for most games apart from Lancashire in any one day stuff. I’m not saying it should be packed out for 4 day and the odd blast game by the way, it’s the trade off of being a test match venue isn’t it, nobodies fault. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

It is an incredible ground, like most of the test match venues, but the issue is it’s hardly ever full other than international matches. I get what  Lako is saying, for a lot of the domestic stuff the bigger grounds do feel a bit soulless. It’s the same at Headingley for most games apart from Lancashire in any one day stuff. I’m not saying it should be packed out for 4 day and the odd blast game by the way, it’s the trade off of being a test match venue isn’t it, nobodies fault. 

Yeah fair enough, i've probably been quite fortunate attendance wise whenever i've been (go quite a lot as I live here), but can't say i've ever been to a 4 day game. 

I was shocked by the attendance last night though, a scorcher and half empty for a local game. Just a damning indictment of the crazy price increases there this season.

Edited by AjcW

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yeah fair enough, i've probably been quite fortunate attendance wise whenever i've been (go quite a lot as I live here), but can't say i've ever been to a 4 day game. 

I was shocked by the attendance last night though, a scorcher and half empty for a local game. Just a damning indictment of the crazy price increases there this season.

What were Notts charging out of interest?

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just a damning indictment of the crazy price increases there this season.

What were they charging? I imagine they do a T20 season ticket too? I’ve been interested to see what others have been charging for that too. I paid £80 for mine at Yorkshire, I think County was £70 - both decent value as long as you get the weather, but no idea how popular they are, and the games come thick and fast so does feel a bit of a chore going sometimes 3 times a week. 

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

What were Notts charging out of interest?

12 minutes ago, Manini said:

What were they charging? I imagine they do a T20 season ticket too? I’ve been interested to see what others have been charging for that too. I paid £80 for mine at Yorkshire, I think County was £70 - both decent value as long as you get the weather, but no idea how popular they are, and the games come thick and fast so does feel a bit of a chore going sometimes 3 times a week. 

It's £22-£26 a game. Junior £11, U21 £16.

Season ticket was £111 with Junior £31. Obviously there's still decent value if you can commit like you say, but the beauty of T20 and bringing in new audiences is that people tend to decide on the day (especially if the weather is good) and I feel like they've lost that a bit in recent seasons with the increases. Especially given the current financial climate.

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I imagine Notts' poor form in the Blast this season and the train strike didn't help with the attendance. Their commentators also mentioned that they are playing Derbyshire at home on Thursday and that home fans would probably pick that if they had to make a choice. Don't forget that Nottingham only cares about Derby. 

What a cracking win last night! Puts us in real contention now, yes we need to win the last 2 and hope that somebody else slips up but the opportunity is there now. Genuinely don’t think there are many better bowling outfits than us out there? Parky and Ahmed have wreaked havoc. 

The win was made all the more sweeter with us Leicestershire contingent shutting the Forest mob up in Fox Road Stand 🦊🤣 

“he’s never run 2, that fat b*stard, he’s never run 2” 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It's £22-£26 a game. Junior £11, U21 £16.

Season ticket was £111 with Junior £31. Obviously there's still decent value if you can commit like you say, but the beauty of T20 and bringing in new audiences is that people tend to decide on the day (especially if the weather is good) and I feel like they've lost that a bit in recent seasons with the increases. Especially given the current financial climate.

I have one for Durham and I think I paid £80, so quite a big difference really.

Although if you buy on the gate they charge £20 per match.