Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

7 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Would anyone like to join me for the Northants game - Beer and a Balti? Basically you get fed and you get all your beer sorted until the break in innings.

I've had a bit of a streak of bad luck; with all 3 of my guests having to drop out and I would prefer cricket fans to get to attend rather than making this yet another insurance jolly.

If you fancy it; give me a DM. I suppose first come, first served, with a bit of preference for people I've met before, but we're all Foxes so I'm open to meeting new people.

You don't have to stand/sit with me all day. Happy to simply get you in if you prefer.

Incidentally; 2 of the 3 people have tested positive for Omicron variant. I thought it was all finished and done with but evidently not. The wife of one of them is very poorly.

I can’t I’m afraid, but just to acknowledge this was a very kind offer! About 250,000 cases of Covid per day at the moment I’m afraid 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Wiaan Mulder not inc in any of the SA squads.Can't say im  surprised based on this season's performances

I wouldn't be against giving him a White ball contract next season. I think he's done good for us in the t20. Should've been in from the start as Rutherford has been a disaster!

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

I wouldn't be against giving him a White ball contract next season. I think he's done good for us in the t20. Should've been in from the start as Rutherford has been a disaster!

Agreed. He’s bowled really well and dragged us through a couple of matches with the bat. I’d get him back next year for the white ball if it’s an option. As said above though, honking in the red ball. It’ll be interesting to see how he performs in September in the red ball if he’s still here.

On 27/06/2022 at 11:23, The People's Hero said:

Would anyone like to join me for the Northants game - Beer and a Balti? Basically you get fed and you get all your beer sorted until the break in innings.

I've had a bit of a streak of bad luck; with all 3 of my guests having to drop out and I would prefer cricket fans to get to attend rather than making this yet another insurance jolly.

If you fancy it; give me a DM. I suppose first come, first served, with a bit of preference for people I've met before, but we're all Foxes so I'm open to meeting new people.

You don't have to stand/sit with me all day. Happy to simply get you in if you prefer.

Incidentally; 2 of the 3 people have tested positive for Omicron variant. I thought it was all finished and done with but evidently not. The wife of one of them is very poorly.

Great offer, nice touch mate.

I'm there tomorrow  with a few lads from work. Dont think I've been for over 30 years!!!

They take the p1ss as I'm the only indian they know who doesnt like cricket!!!

I'll look out for you, if I can still remember  what you look like!!!!

X

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

He’s not injured… 

Must have pissed off Nixon again. It's a shame as whilst not a world beater he seemed able to provide some stability at the top of the order and with someone with power at the other end like Welch that could have worked well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

We need Warwickshire to do us a favour tonight. (I refuse to call them Birmingham Bears). They beat Yorkshire, we win then it'll be a straight out dogfight on Sunday for 4th.

Rightly so. It was clearly a cynical attempt by them to pre-empt what they thought was going to be a Franchise-based T20 tournament. Hope their fans from Coventry, Rugby and elsewhere don't bother with the T20s.

Looking forward to tonight. Few beers and hopefully a win will start the weekend right.

12 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Can Leicestershire still qualify with two wins? 

We need Warwickshire to beat Yorkshire tonight. Failing that then we can hope that Durham might be able to do us a favour against Derbyshire on Sunday. But thar could come down to net Run rate. 

• Thanks 2