Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Unless it was me but I dont remember  Northants banging 6s out for this to happen.

One minute I though we were cruishing  along, then it's all to play for???

Did I miss a weird rule??

2 beamers from Naveen meant he couldn’t finish his over, and the free hit for hit for 6, that changed everything and gave Northants a chance off the last over, needing 13 off the final over (I think) so much tension, I thought it was fantastic! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

2 beamers from Naveen meant he couldn’t finish his over, and the free hit for hit for 6, that changed everything and gave Northants a chance off the last over, needing 13 off the final over (I think) so much tension, I thought it was fantastic! 

@Raj ignore this sort of nonsense. It was too many beers and a lack of appreciation for the rules that caused the change in the game.

• Haha 2

Made the daft choice of agreeing to get a cab back to town "before the rush" when it looked like Northants were cooked. In the back of my mind I suspected it wasn't that cut and dry with Neesham still around...

Top evening and a great atmosphere. Just goes to show the potential there is when games are scheduled at a decent time and priced fairly.

• Like 2

I'd like to say a word about Nick Welch at the top of the order.

Last season the injury he suffered during the RLODC was horrible to see and I must admit I'd more or less consigned him to the released list given our bloated squad size.

However he's come in, shown real resilience and added plenty to our t20 batting lineup.

He is a solid and powerful hitter and scores at a good rate, in 3/4 of the games he's played he's provided the impetus at the top of the order that has ensured a succesful powerplay. He has the ability to hit 6s and turn average overs into very good ones from one or two balls.

Really pleased to see it and timely given the discarding (again) of Steel.

I really hope he can go on to take one of these really good starts on to a matfh defining 50+ tomorrow, deserves it.

I'm thinking our best top order lineup would be:

Welch, Steel, Lilley, Ackermann, Hill, Mulder, Mike.

• Like 2

Really hope we get a full house tomorrow. The players deserve it for their efforts in the T20. It's going to be a tall order to beat Yorkshire again given the quality of their team but let's hope the lads give it a good shot and the fans get right behind them and then you never know!

Cobb not coming back, by the way; but there's 2 from Northants Nico does want.

Absolutely right on Nico as has been said here. Superb coach, but consensus is not a great man-manager (over-promiser apparently) and not a great paperwork man. DOF appointment makes sense in some ways. We really just need Nico coaching.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Cobb not coming back, by the way; but there's 2 from Northants Nico does want.

Absolutely right on Nico as has been said here. Superb coach, but consensus is not a great man-manager (over-promiser apparently) and not a great paperwork man. DOF appointment makes sense in some ways. We really just need Nico coaching.

Are you allowed to give names?

Hope we go well today. I liked the way Lilley, of whom I have been hugely critical on the basis that until now he’s tried to slog everything, played with more poise against Northants. You don’t have to go after every ball to get 10 an over, and if you’re truly ‘in’, a 20+ over is possible.

Also hope Ackers bowls a full set of 4 if he’s fit to do so. He and Parky are more often than not our best T20 bowlers.

Anyway good luck one and all. It’s been a tough season for the most part but the Blast has been fun. Underdogs today, but that suits us I think 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's the penalty for?! Just seen on Twitter too. 

That's a bit of a shitter after being in contention to qualify. 

Can LCCC appeal? 

There’s no right to appeal. Sounds like a massive stitch up tbh. All those tickets sold for tonight, all that progress and taken away from us. 

• Sad 1