Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I can tell you now if that happened in a 100 game, the ECB would have loved it with the coverage it would be getting. 

Somehow a club which were proven to be a racist harbouring institution and given a punishment has somehow managed to get the funds from a test match, maintain a 100 franchise, keep all its England players and end up in a Blast QF. 

Come on mate, we all know the real punishable offences in cricket are slow over rates, spinning pitches and the like.

Yorkshire benefiting from bad behaviour is spot on for this farcical situation.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

My favourite part about this dreadful torrent of abuse by Lilley to the umpires is the part where all parties involved walked away smiling.

Frankly we should be glad we're allowed to play cricket any more after such vile scenes.

Yep, report mentions him and Naveen but Neesham throwing his toys out of the pram gets no punishment because it’s not in an umpires report 

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's 'great sport' when kohli does it.

Illegal when anyone else does it....

Money > morals.

As I said if it was in the 100, ECB would love the coverage. It was proper sport on Friday night. Exactly the sort of thing that the ECB should want if they are trying to honestly make the sport regain some public attention. 

It is shit… but I’d be interested to know how many of these fixed penalties other counties got over the same time period… if most get none then we should really be ashamed of picking up 6 over 2 years. As others have said you just can’t act the same way in cricket/rugby as you do in Football. 

Also others pointing to Kohli, yeah he’s probably wound up Bairstow but how do you know he’s swearing? That’s what the punishment is for…

Yes Yorkshire should have been punished for the racism issues… but if you look at it separately this doesnt read great…

“The CDC's decision follows the sanction it imposed on Leicestershire on 2 August 2021, after the club had received six fixed penalties for breaches of ECB Directive 3.6 from the period 2 August 2020 and 1 July 2021 and the subsequent hearing on 3 September 2021 after Leicestershire incurred a further fixed penalty point after the 2 August 2021 decision.”

"On 2 August 2021 the CDC imposed the sanction on the club as follows: 'Subject to the over-riding discretion of the panel, should there be one or more fixed penalty issued to a Leicestershire player within 12 months of this hearing, the club will be deducted either 12 LV= County Championship points (or equivalent), two Royal London Cup points (or equivalent) or two Vitality Blast points (or equivalent). The more serious the breach or breaches, the more likely it is that points will be deducted'.

“On 3 September following the further fixed penalty the CDC decision stated: 'If there are any further breaches at any level on or before 1 August 2022, a points deduction will almost certainly be an inevitable consequence'." 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's 'great sport' when kohli does it.

Illegal when anyone else does it....

Money > morals.

It shouldn't be wrong in any case. Don't get why you bring Kohli into it. He was only celebrating a big wicket ffs lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It is shit… but I’d be interested to know how many of these fixed penalties other counties got over the same time period… if most get none then we should really be ashamed of picking up 6 over 2 years. As others have said you just can’t act the same way in cricket/rugby as you do in Football. 

Also others pointing to Kohli, yeah he’s probably wound up Bairstow but how do you know he’s swearing? That’s what the punishment is for…

Yes Yorkshire should have been punished for the racism issues… but if you look at it separately this doesnt read great…

“The CDC's decision follows the sanction it imposed on Leicestershire on 2 August 2021, after the club had received six fixed penalties for breaches of ECB Directive 3.6 from the period 2 August 2020 and 1 July 2021 and the subsequent hearing on 3 September 2021 after Leicestershire incurred a further fixed penalty point after the 2 August 2021 decision.”

"On 2 August 2021 the CDC imposed the sanction on the club as follows: 'Subject to the over-riding discretion of the panel, should there be one or more fixed penalty issued to a Leicestershire player within 12 months of this hearing, the club will be deducted either 12 LV= County Championship points (or equivalent), two Royal London Cup points (or equivalent) or two Vitality Blast points (or equivalent). The more serious the breach or breaches, the more likely it is that points will be deducted'.

“On 3 September following the further fixed penalty the CDC decision stated: 'If there are any further breaches at any level on or before 1 August 2022, a points deduction will almost certainly be an inevitable consequence'." 

Yes, this is a foul decision by the ECB but the club's disciplinary record has been abysmal in recent years. It should have been clear to everyone (but obviously not to the players) that they were - and still are - on a tightrope in every game. I've sympathy for Naveen, but is it not the case that Lilley has been responsible for some of these past offences? He's not learning and he's probably run out of chances.

Apparently they(Leicester) knew about the decision last night but only decided to release the statement today. 

Still selling tickets.. imagine a few wouldn't have gone if they knew they and still purchased. Saying that. I'm still going 😂

Maybe the behaviour is a culmination of years of being told by senior figures you do nothing for the game and your club being removed from the sport is encouraged? Maybe the players feel like the world is against them?

Swearing at umpires is not a good look but I wouldn't be shocked if all the uncertainty and negativity has got to them.

• Like 2

You have players fighting for their careers and in a game where passions run deep and it is a winner take all. A clear stumping not given and tensions will rise, the 2nd Naveen full toss looked harsh IMHO and the batsman had advanced down the wicket. Northans were giving it plenty as well back. 

• Like 2

I suspect Lilley does not emerge well from this. Naveen bowled two full tosses and those are the rules. Lilley, it would seem, incurs a disciplinary point for vile and aggressive language (my guess). The fact we’ve picked him for today suggests we think he’s not done anything wrong, and that troubles me, as it suggests we are not learning our lessons. We’ve incurred numerous discipline points in the last couple of years.

We need to do something about it rather than feeling hard done by all the time.

• Like 2

Absolutely bloody seething at this.  Furious at Lilley, the ECB and the world.  Yorkshire as well.  Bunch of absolute racist tossers laughing all the way to the QF. 

Planned my entire roast chicken dinner around this sh1t show to add insult to injury 😤

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I suspect Lilley does not emerge well from this. Naveen bowled two full tosses and those are the rules. Lilley, it would seem, incurs a disciplinary point for vile and aggressive language (my guess). The fact we’ve picked him for today suggests we think he’s not done anything wrong, and that troubles me, as it suggests we are not learning our lessons. We’ve incurred numerous discipline points in the last couple of years.

We need to do something about it rather than feeling hard done by all the time.

Surely he should be banned if the behaviour is so poor?

As if they have announced this just before the game. The ECB are completely destroying the game in this country. We may as well pack up. 

Have the ECB ever reacted this quickly to anything in the history of the game before? Joke.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

We were on a suspended 2 point sentence Northants are not

Perfectly accept that. But I just question how a conclusion can be made so quick by the ECB with no right to reply. The decision has been made solely off the umpires report which shows no mitigation of the circumstances (when an umpire makes an incorrect call). They were laughing and joking at the time of the incidents 

There’s been no warning of Neesham behaviour because his criticism of the umpiring occurs after the umpires report. 

The decision should have been delayed and subject to a proper hearing 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I find it hard to believe this kind of penalty would have been imposed on the likes of Surrey, Yorkshire and Lancashire. Really seething over this. Anyone would think that the ECB wanted to kill all interest in cricket in Leicester. Surely rather than punishing the whole club and team, it would have been fairer if Lilley had have been banned for a game or 2. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I find it hard to believe this kind of penalty would have been imposed on the likes of Surrey, Yorkshire and Lancashire. Really seething over this. Anyone would think that the ECB wanted to kill all interest in cricket in Leicester. Surely rather than punishing the whole club and team, it would have been fairer if Lilley had have been banned for a game or 2. 

That's what I don't understand. Behaviour terrible but no players banned.