Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I like your dreaming, bon't give up hope!!

Based on yesterday's game, the Kent game and the Middlesex game away, we just need to learn how to win. 3 close games, all lost when we were in a position to close it out. 98-5 and we defended yesterday rather than going for the throat. But we did carry a shit load of injuries which didn't help (Nixon just as he was getting going, new all innings behiond the stumps, and Whote, when he was looking pretty tasty).

As for a 2nd overseas player, Sachin!!!, full houses and a cosmopolitan atmos - would be quality!!!

And how do you propose we pay for him? lol

He'd do it for fun, a player with morals. The end of his career and so much cash he doesn't need a big pay packet.

Please don't take my first post seriously, I'm not that naive.

Don't worry, I wasn't. :)

I agree that a high profile Asian overseas player could do wonders for attendances at Grace Road though. Might be worth gambling the little cash we have at our disposal on a household name, if they'd come to us...

Don't worry, I wasn't. :)

I agree that a high profile Asian overseas player could do wonders for attendances at Grace Road though. Might be worth gambling the little cash we have at our disposal on a household name, if they'd come to us...

Wasnt the case when we had Sehwag though

Wasnt the case when we had Sehwag though

Now I hope I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'd be more interested in a more working class asian player, possibly a Pakistani rather than an Indian. I'm sure that Afridi pulled in more of a crowd than Sehwag or Anal Crumble.

Are we definitely allowed 2 in the T20 ?

Anyway, I'm sure Ronnie will be fine next year.

Now I hope I'm not going to offend anyone here, but I'd be more interested in a more working class asian player, possibly a Pakistani rather than an Indian. I'm sure that Afridi pulled in more of a crowd than Sehwag or Anal Crumble.

Are we definitely allowed 2 in the T20 ?

Anyway, I'm sure Ronnie will be fine next year.

I loved having Afridi here. He's just such an exciting player to watch.

We should get Phil Simmons back, he could do no worse than the current lot.

Edited by A Fox in Essex

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom of the league but only lost 2 games. Think it shows we lack that cutting edge.

Our best performances have come when digging in tosave matches. Sadly, you don't get the bonus points you need for dogged second innings defences...

On the whole though, despite finishing bottom, I think there have been lenty of encouraging signs from our young group and fingers crossed, we can push on to better things (realistic better things, that is, I do not expect to win much!!).

Unlikely, but if we gamble what little money we do have on him then it could pay off big time. If he was interested in joining us I think it'd definitely pay dividends.

Absolutely. As long as it won't break the bank, get him in.

Quality bowler with vast Test experience.

Absolutely. As long as it won't break the bank, get him in.

Quality bowler with vast Test experience.

Not sure why we're so high up in the bokkies' reckoning though. The only reason I would possibly think he'd choose us over a lot of the richer counties is that we're not too far south. :dunno: