Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Time to have a proper tilt at the Royal London. We are one of the least effected clubs. 

ECB will probably deduct us more points after all we have brought English cricket into disrepute playing Bumrah and Pant last week in our team giving them game time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

The statement says we have no right of an appeal. 

We’ve been absolutely phenomenal the last 5 games as well. So annoying. 

Still get a lawyer to have a look

Saved my arse many a time when I've been told you can't do anything. 

Essex and Kent both had players fined for misconduct this Yr. So why do we lose points? 

4 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Still get a lawyer to have a look

Saved my arse many a time when I've been told you can't do anything. 

Essex and Kent both had players fined for misconduct this Yr. So why do we lose points? 

The amount of previous misdemeanours I believe. 

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Steele

Welch

Lilley

Hill

Mulder

Patel

Kimber

Mike

Walker

Bowley

Davies

something like this I imagine.

Lack of a quality spinner is the problem with that side. Shame we've lost Parky, Rehan and Ackers for this. 

• Like 1

I'm ****ing fuming......... 

Just watched the stream delayed after getting back to our accommodation after walking the West Coast Way in Devon and took until the 7th over of Yorkshires innings to hear about the deduction and the fact we can't qualify. 

Had the tablet setup in the hot tub and everything. 

Ecb can suck a dick 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lanefox said:

Same played with him at Grace dieu and for Newbridge

I played for the Dieu for many years from a young age. 

Played with his brother more tbh as I'm a fair but older. 

He was an annoying little bugger about the club house lol

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It was clear that we’d lose -2 points were we to be pulled up from further ill-discipline. My issue is more ECB centric teams wouldn’t have been penalised in the same circumstances.

This.

Of course the "victim" of the full toss has history at the ground.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/hampshire-s-lewis-mcmanus-receives-ecb-disciplinary-points-over-hassan-azad-stumping-incident-against-leicestershire-1261194

Call me biased but i think his offence is far more damaging for cricket. As for the comments from his witnesses!!! what a load of bollox you must know the rules and there more than enough people around the bat tp know something was wrong but hell it is only Leicestershire

2 minutes ago, katieakita said:

This.

Of course the "victim" of the full toss has history at the ground.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/hampshire-s-lewis-mcmanus-receives-ecb-disciplinary-points-over-hassan-azad-stumping-incident-against-leicestershire-1261194

Call me biased but i think his offence is far more damaging for cricket. As for the comments from his witnesses!!! what a load of bollox you must know the rules and there more than enough people around the bat tp know something was wrong but hell it is only Leicestershire

Trouble is of course we have accrued multiple disciplinary points over the last couple of years. We have not been deducted points solely because of Friday's transgressions, but repeated issues. We were on a final warning and I guess the umpire's felt Lilley's language crossed the line

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Trouble is of course we have accrued multiple disciplinary points over the last couple of years. We have not been deducted points solely because of Friday's transgressions, but repeated issues. We were on a final warning and I guess the umpire's felt Lilley's language crossed the line

Yes agree but the ECB want the T20 to be about passion and excitement and tempers will be raised not helped by poor umpiring in a fast turnaround game. Just think the punishment was handed out at a speed favoured counties woukd not get. Watching a close T20 game now Warks V Laancashire and Warks not being given as clear an LBW as you will see and in the heat of battle could imagine plenty being said caused by poor umpiring

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Lack of a quality spinner is the problem with that side. Shame we've lost Parky, Rehan and Ackers for this. 

As much as i’m delighted we have a young star. A 17 year old being up for auction doesn’t sit well with me.

I’d no idea he’d been picked by someone until a read your message. 

Surely someone under 18 shouldn’t be available to be drafted? 

On the other hand he’s getting 50k for a few games so might make him less desperate to leave us quickly lol 

35 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Yes agree but the ECB want the T20 to be about passion and excitement and tempers will be raised not helped by poor umpiring in a fast turnaround game. Just think the punishment was handed out at a speed favoured counties woukd not get. Watching a close T20 game now Warks V Laancashire and Warks not being given as clear an LBW as you will see and in the heat of battle could imagine plenty being said caused by poor umpiring

One of my issues with the decision. 

The game was last chance for both teams. It was as good as you can get county cricket. Hill has as a stumping incorrectly turned down and he was annoyed, which is out of character for him. The stakes were high and the players charged up. There’s no consideration for mitigation. For example there’s no way Naveen bowls two balls like that in a over without the pressure of the situation. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I played for the Dieu for many years from a young age. 

Played with his brother more tbh as I'm a fair but older. 

He was an annoying little bugger about the club house lol

Played 6 a side against Mitch a few times years a go

Think also the ECB has to have a good hard look at itself and understand they are also responsible for this. Many of an age will remember one day cricket being played on a Sunday a quick game only 40 overs a side. 160 used to be a decent score you could defend setting your own field with no restrictions the bouncer was ok as was the bowling down leg side, you could play yourself in and have a good look at the bowling. A decision that didn't go your way was not the end of the world. The authorities and TV decided this was not good enough and wanted quicker shorter cricket with more 4's and 6's all geared up for higher scoring more action and more pressure. They want the players to go at 100mph full throttle and cannot grasp the pressure gets to some of them. They have helped create this monster and should take some of the responsibility. Ask people to hit a boundary every ball and the adrenaline will be going not everyone is ice cold and calm 

Also of course if as some suggest the 2 pt deduction was a correct punishment surely the victims of our wrongdoings were Northamptonshire who should have been awarded the 2pts. Of course this could not happen as it would knock out Yorkshire

So proud of this team how we've turned it around this year. It's been a great few weeks and I've really enjoyed the rollercoaster of emotions. Such a shame it had to end this way and I'm just sad that cricket has proven itself to be just as corrupt as football when it comes to it's governing bodies siding up with the so called elite.  #****theECB

• Like 1

8 hours ago, katieakita said:

Also of course if as some suggest the 2 pt deduction was a correct punishment surely the victims of our wrongdoings were Northamptonshire who should have been awarded the 2pts. Of course this could not happen as it would knock out Yorkshire

Tbf Northants had good reason to be agraved with the umpires.Early on Cobb hit  a clear 6 which the umpire gave as 4 even the commentaters were shocked.

27 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Agreed the guys a loose cannon  even gets into verbals with his own teammates.

Yet Sean Jarvis is liking his tweets this morning. If Lilley hadn’t lost the plot on Friday evening we wouldn’t have been penalised. Regardless of thoughts on the punishment, don’t face up to an opposing batter who has just been dismissed. It’s just stupidity and it has cost us big time.