Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Yet Sean Jarvis is liking his tweets this morning. If Lilley hadn’t lost the plot on Friday evening we wouldn’t have been penalised. Regardless of thoughts on the punishment, don’t face up to an opposing batter who has just been dismissed. It’s just stupidity and it has cost us big time. 

Wasn't he to blame for the original discipline issue as well? Plus his half arsed fielding that cost us a finals day a couple of years ago. He has cost the club a few quid. 

21 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

All in all it's an embarrassing charge sheet.

The club need to get together now and decide how we draw a line under it and clean our act up. If there are certain players who can't control themselves then they'll need to sort that quickly or be shown the door.

There's not really any excuse for Lilley's behaviour. Yes tempers were up and emotion high but discipline means channeling that into your performance and then celebrating with your team mates NOT indulging in a pop at the opposition.

• Like 1

I don't know the reasons, but to have so many discipline issues in a relatively short period of time is really poor. Especially in a sport like Cricket when you'd like to think it doesn't happen too often. 

Is it right that we get disciplined for 2 beamers? Unless they deem them to be intentional. Take him out of the attack yes, but to report as bad discipline seems harsh. 

• Like 2

I feel like there's not been much press coverage or questioning of it either. Sky have definitely kept their mouths shut. Had Yorkshire had a penalty of some sort, there'd have been a nationwide debate.

I don't dispute the offences but the punishment doesn't fit the bill.

In no other sport would you effectively forfeit the game due to unsportsmanlike behaviour from one or two of your players.

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

There is a feeling however that should be acknowledged that other counties get away with all sorts with zero punishment

Look at McManus for example. Look at Yorkshire's alleged institutional racism. 

The Lilley example; you see all the time - but he definitely does have form for it.

Put it this way; do you think Yorks/Lancs/Notts would receive any punishment? Be treated in the same way? As swiftly?

Issue with that is if it's obvious to us it should be obvious to everyone at the club that we are likely to be sanctioned for disciplinary issues that others wouldn't or far more harshly compared. It shouldn't be that way but it's naive by the club to think otherwise and not be constantly drilling in to the players to mind themselves.  

Edited by Tommy Fresh

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Its hard to disagree with that and to be honest; I don't think our views are mutually exclusive.

It seems unfair the way the club are constantly made an example of by the ECB. It is also frustrating that the club have not managed to address the issue sufficiently.

We do however now seem to have a sport where institutionalised racism goes largely unpunished; cheating (McManus) goes unpunished; but a bit of stepping over the line in a competitive fixture (with no real harm done) results in swift and terminal action.

As already mentioned; it is the fans and the innocent 9 players who are really hit hard here; as well as club finances. Meanwhilst; it is the large, test-ground club, which has seen allegations of institutionalised racism (and still gets tests by the way) which benefits. 

Others will disagree; but I think it stinks.

Oh yeah I fully agree, a team shouldn't really have to be anymore careful or aware then the next, but unfortunately it's clear that we have to do just that. 

Yeah the 'sanctions' imposed against Yorkshire were a joke, considering they didn't even miss an international summer. As much as I think the McManus punishment was lightweight he did get disciplinary points so the ECB would just fall back on that.

I’m still f****** raging. 

**** the ECB. 

How can such a corrupt shit show happen at this level of a supposed elite sport? 

I’m disappointed at how soft the club have been too. Should be spitting fire in the statements and strongly condemning the decision. Surely, they are taking legal advice. We should have a very strong case in a court of arbitration against the ECB.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I’m still f****** raging. 

**** the ECB. 

How can such a corrupt shit show happen at this level of a supposed elite sport? 

I’m disappointed at how soft the club have been too. Should be spitting fire in the statements and strongly condemning the decision. Surely, they are taking legal advice. We should have a very strong case in a court of arbitration against the ECB.

That's another thing that's annoyed me. We've just rolled over.

59 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Just watching Eng vs. India, commentators mentioning how tempers are flaring, words exchanged etc. and it's great to watch.

Just not when it's LCCC...

Yeah, it needs to be decided what game they want. Either you want passion and aggression or you don't.

LCCC are not angels but it grates that clubs who've done far worse get no retribution.

4 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

That's another thing that's annoyed me. We've just rolled over.

There’s literally nothing we can do. I suppose there’s the court of arbitration for sport but I don’t think the club could afford that lol. 

the truth is we need to move on, bin off Lilley for a start who can’t control his mouth or catch the ball in important games. 

Edited by Lionator

If any of you are interested here is a link to all the punishments issued by the Cricket Disciplinary Committee over the last few years. 

https://www.ecb.co.uk/about/policies-and-regulations/discipline

Also more specifically to Leicestershire:

https://resources.ecb.co.uk/ecb/document/2021/09/08/23d40197-c4ae-4704-9a53-1ffeaef90f15/02.08.21-CDC-Decision-Leicestershire-CCC-Colin-Ackermann-and-Ben-Mike-83-.pdf