Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

If any of you are interested here is a link to all the punishments issued by the Cricket Disciplinary Committee over the last few years. 

https://www.ecb.co.uk/about/policies-and-regulations/discipline

Also more specifically to Leicestershire:

https://resources.ecb.co.uk/ecb/document/2021/09/08/23d40197-c4ae-4704-9a53-1ffeaef90f15/02.08.21-CDC-Decision-Leicestershire-CCC-Colin-Ackermann-and-Ben-Mike-83-.pdf

Interesting one about the Notts one and the charge of mock fielding. Very strange that this disciplinary committee had no video evidence of this when the game was shown live on Sky one rule

45 minutes ago, Bert said:

“At the hearing on 2nd August 2022” 👀

The ECB document is all over the place. 

A good lawyer would pick it apart. Surely the club could also have argued that the “one year” probation period as you might call it had passed. The incident happened on 1st July 2022. The initials incidents in question had happened up to 1st July 2021 and our suspended deductions was given for a one year period. Unless I have misinterpreted it. 

Surely we could have argued more of a case with a hardline stance. 

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

The ECB document is all over the place. 

A good lawyer would pick it apart. Surely the club could also have argued that the “one year” probation period as you might call it had passed. The incident happened on 1st July 2022. The initials incidents in question had happened up to 1st July 2021 and our suspended deductions was given for a one year period. Unless I have misinterpreted it. 

Surely we could have argued more of a case with a hardline stance. 

Taking the ECB to court would be digging our own grave. We’d be using ECB funds to take them to court. I would argue that half the level 1 offences being for poor bowling is an indictment of the regulations. The dissent ones are frustrating and as for the Mike one, I have no idea why the team should be punished for that, ban the player for sure, but why should everyone else suffer? 

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fine example here how the ECB don’t want the Blast to succeed; ridding both teams of their England players

I agree in principle but Yorkshire are extremely fortunate to be in the overall position they are. Look at how Durham were clobbered by the ECB on their financial situation.

Yorkshire's redemption- how God's county recovered from no meaningful punishment and qualified from the group stage on a technicality having finished fifth heroically made Finals Day.

This week on Sky Cricket.

9 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Listening to the podcast, Nico reckons it cost the club at least a quarter of a million, and that was just the gate receipts from The Oval. Never mind if we’d have won.

£15 per ticket at The Oval. Say 15,000 in, that’s total gate receipts of £275k - are receipts split 50-50 I wonder?

I suspect that figure quotes by Nico was too high, but our indiscipline over a long period of time has cost us big time. The sooner we accept this and do something about it the better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

£15 per ticket at The Oval. Say 15,000 in, that’s total gate receipts of £275k - are receipts split 50-50 I wonder?

I suspect that figure quotes by Nico was too high, but our indiscipline over a long period of time has cost us big time. The sooner we accept this and do something about it the better.

Think he said he believed it was a quarter of earnings and he said (worked out/guessed?) the takings to be £1m. I’ve no idea if it was a 27,000 sell out or not and how much all the hospitality brings on top of ticket sales. No way was I going to watch it! Callum Parkinson added the finances lost were “enough for four salaries”.

You’re right. Even if it’s 70k you’d still think that’s the salaries of a couple of office staff.

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Think he said he believed it was a quarter of earnings and he said (worked out/guessed?) the takings to be £1m. I’ve no idea if it was a 27,000 sell out or not and how much all the hospitality brings on top of ticket sales. No way was I going to watch it! Callum Parkinson added the finances lost were “enough for four salaries”.

You’re right. Even if it’s 70k you’d still think that’s the salaries of a couple of office staff.

Not sell out crowd around 17k

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I was speaking to one of the players at the weekend and he said £150k

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Ben Mike selected a Hundred wildcard.

Pleased for him as it's deserved recognition.

Suspect losing him for the one day cup may be a taster of things to come as he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Northants 

• Sad 1