Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Northants 

I would have been until very recently when I heard some very interesting things, so you might be on to something.

Sadly I think we've finally seen BM turn the corner and he'll be off. Not much loyalty but not sure you can blame him. Short career.

As a bit of a leftfield shout, I wouldn't be surprised if 2 went each way this close-season.

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I would have been until very recently when I heard some very interesting things, so you might be on to something.

Sadly I think we've finally seen BM turn the corner and he'll be off. Not much loyalty but not sure you can blame him. Short career.

As a bit of a leftfield shout, I wouldn't be surprised if 2 went each way this close-season.

Go on then TPH, give us some names?! In the absence of LCFC transfer news, I'll settle for some LCCC

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Go on then TPH, give us some names?! In the absence of LCFC transfer news, I'll settle for some LCCC

If time passes and things settle down and look like they are happening, I'll try.

What I have committed to (and sorry if my source is rubbish - as others swear differently) is that Josh Cobb is NOT coming back. 

So if he comes back; ignore everything I've said as its Cobblers (no double-pun intended) - can't believe I've pulled that off... Northants - The Cobblers - Josh Cobb.

Point stands though; we (Nico) want(s) 2 from Northants; but neither are Josh Cobb.

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Still baffled as why no one has bothered with Naveen in the 100 (signed a deal in Sri Lanka now whilst it’s on)

Would love to have him back here again next year for the Blast but I think a couple of other sides will have their eye on him.

34 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Would love to have him back here again next year for the Blast but I think a couple of other sides will have their eye on him.

Another reason why I'm so gutted about what's happened this year. We won't get a better chance for a very long time! Naveen, Ahmed and Mike will all be gone. 😔

11 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Nico was asked about it on the podcast and sounded quite hopeful. Said something along the lines of he’d been in the office and it’s pencilled in or something. We’ll see. Hopefully they all see next year as unfinished business from this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Nico was asked about it on the podcast and sounded quite hopeful. Said something along the lines of he’d been in the office and it’s pencilled in or something. We’ll see. Hopefully they all see next year as unfinished business from this year. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully it'll make them want it even more.

Edited by Walshy5
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Another reason why I'm so gutted about what's happened this year. We won't get a better chance for a very long time! Naveen, Ahmed and Mike will all be gone. 😔

Ahmed just signed a four year deal did he not?

18 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Ahmed just signed a four year deal did he not?

He's going to very quickly be touted for worldwide franchise cricket if he carries on the way he is. Especially if he now gets a chance to perform in the 100 and does well on Lions duty. 

Whether he's still 'technically' our player or not, I think we will see a lot less of him.

On 07/07/2022 at 11:04, CrawlingFox said:

Ben Mike selected a Hundred wildcard.

Pleased for him as it's deserved recognition.

Suspect losing him for the one day cup may be a taster of things to come as he's out of contract at the end of the season.

£30k for a few weeks work. Motivation for any cricketer to improve and make good on their talent.

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It is. I'm here with my son as we live down south. Wright bowling superbly but as for the other end......

Some real bad stuff from Mike in particular. That last over was terrible....3 no balls?