Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Normally agree with your posts Cakey but Hunt and Crocombe are both 20 and Coles 18 all have great potential while we have Wright very much in decline Mike who gets smashed round the park and Mulder and Barnes who are average at best.Then put Garton Robinson and maybe Archer in the mix they are miles ahead of us.

Yeah fair enough. I got over excited. 

Ive probaly got sun stroke lol bloody boiling for a midlander!

From what I've seen live they are really poor.  Having said that not seen much of them Previously. 

Obviously Archer is different Gravy. 

Our bowling was also poor though. Think Mulder can be a decent bowler. But not been great so far. 

We need three seamers really. 

The batting isn't consistent but has improved a bit. 

Who knows Parky may spin us to victory!

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Proper stat-padding so they can pretend they had a good season lol 

Bowlers must be knackered. Do you get fines for producing a pitch as flat as this? 

They should be fined, it's not fit for first-class cricket. Better tracks yes, but this is ridiculous. Bowling has been awful, but fair play to Mulder and Ackers for taking advantage

5 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Normally agree with your posts Cakey but Hunt and Crocombe are both 20 and Coles 18 all have great potential while we have Wright very much in decline Mike who gets smashed round the park and Mulder and Barnes who are average at best.Then put Garton Robinson and maybe Archer in the mix they are miles ahead of us.

Pointless including Robinson and Archer though really isn't it and Garton to an extent. 

I think Rawlins is close to the record for most runs conceded in an innings in the county championship, the holder of which is I think Claude Henderson, who went for 235 against Surrey in 2006. He might be suggesting we stay out there until Rawlins goes for a few more!  This was the match scorecard back then.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-division-two-2006-224863/surrey-vs-leicestershire-225098/full-scorecard

Outstanding effort from all batsman, however slightly disappointed we haven’t decided to carry on batting. 

I might be eating my words but don’t see us bowling them out. Even if we did, the points mean nothing to us, but imagine holding the county championship record for most runs. That would have been a huge slap in the face of the rotten ECB. Would have only required another 132 more runs. 

25 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

I think Rawlins is close to the record for most runs conceded in an innings in the county championship, the holder of which is I think Claude Henderson, who went for 235 against Surrey in 2006. He might be suggesting we stay out there until Rawlins goes for a few more!  This was the match scorecard back then.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/county-championship-division-two-2006-224863/surrey-vs-leicestershire-225098/full-scorecard

Thats the team era that got me hooked on the county.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Pointless including Robinson and Archer though really isn't it and Garton to an extent. 

Maybe with Archer but Robinson blotted his copybook so can't see him playing for England again any time soon while Gartons just been injury prone in the last couple of years

53 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Maybe with Archer but Robinson blotted his copybook so can't see him playing for England again any time soon while Gartons just been injury prone in the last couple of years

Didn't they pick him after his suspension? Unless he's done something else I've missed since the old tweets?

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Can’t help but think he struggles with the transition from white ball to red. Seemed to have turned a corner before The Blast, then didn’t start that well but improved massively. 

Well from side on he and Mulder (first innings ) constantly losing their run ups. 

That can't help. Looks like an under 12s game. Literally stopping and starting it every over. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't they pick him after his suspension? Unless he's done something else I've missed since the old tweets?

Yep heard Agnew and a few others mention the fact that the selectors weren't impressed with his fitness levels and attitude last winter

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

They should be fined, it's not fit for first-class cricket. Better tracks yes, but this is ridiculous. Bowling has been awful, but fair play to Mulder and Ackers for taking advantage

No doubt if there is a pitch like this down at Grace Rd the ECB will be all over it with penalties and fines 😂