Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

With suggestions that Ben Mike is off at the end of the season it would make sense to me to have an extended look at Roman Walker over the rest of the season. No idea if he’s any good but his debut against India went well enough 

Where is he off too? By most accounts his improvement this season has been helped by Alfonso Thomas coming is as coach, he can't take Thomas with him

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

For me today, it's 'ABH'   (Anyone But Hampshire).

We need to remain the only County to have won the T20 3 times! :scarf:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Twenty20_cricket_champions

I would heavily back Lancashire having watched them twice this season, their batting line up is ridiculous and their fielding was the best I’d ever seen at county level. 

Although watch Yorkshire go and win it after everything. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

For me today, it's 'ABH'   (Anyone But Hampshire).

We need to remain the only County to have won the T20 3 times! :scarf:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Twenty20_cricket_champions

Anyone but Yorkshire for me. Still rankles we got kicked out and seemingly should have behaved more like they have over the past couple of years. 

• Like 1

It would be scandalous if Yorkshire won it.  In our absence, I hope Somerset win it personally. 

I assume England players like Root, Bairstow, Willey, Livingstone, Buttler, etc won't be available for this in the ECB's never ending quest to diminish the Blast in favour of the awful Hundred?

Northants players being on Nixon's shopping list was mentioned earlier. This is apparently the list of their players OOC:

Josh Cobb; Gus Miller; Ben Curran; Charlie Thurston; Luke Procter; Gareth Berg; Harry Gouldstone; Nathan Buck; Brandon Glover; Ben Sanderson; Freddie Heidreich.

Sanderson would be nice!

By contrast the same source (County Grumbler newsletter) has for us:

Harry Dearden; Sam Evans; Hassan Azad; Nick Welch; Ben Mike; Harry Swindells; Sam Bates; Chris Wright; Abi Sakande; Alex Evans; Gavin Griffiths; Nathan Bowley

Given Dearden has already gone this does make you wonder about the accuracy.

15 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Northants players being on Nixon's shopping list was mentioned earlier. This is apparently the list of their players OOC:

Josh Cobb; Gus Miller; Ben Curran; Charlie Thurston; Luke Procter; Gareth Berg; Harry Gouldstone; Nathan Buck; Brandon Glover; Ben Sanderson; Freddie Heidreich.

Sanderson would be nice!

Harry Dearden; Sam Evans; Hassan Azad; Nick Welch; Ben Mike; Harry Swindells; Sam Bates; Chris Wright; Abi Sakande; Alex Evans; Gavin Griffiths; Nathan Bowley

Azad signed a new contract recently, maybe I’d give Sam Evans some more time too, Chris Wright one more year but move the rest on. 

Sanderson is too good for us I’m afraid. 

Edited by Lionator

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

Sanderson would be nice!

Think I saw online somewhere Cobb had committed to staying. Might be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Azad signed a new contract recently, maybe I’d give Sam Evans some more time too, Chris Wright one more year but move the rest on. 

Sanderson is too good for us I’m afraid. 

Agreed on Sanderson.

I'm unsure on Evans, he's got a great temperament for four day cricket but doesn't like the short ball and scores at an an even slower rate than Azad and I don't think they can open together because of that. Can we justify keeping another snail paced, four day only opener on the books? With an unlimited budget then you could keep him as a like for like sub for Azad.

I'd keep Welch instead as I think he is now fit and showed in the Blast that he can score quickly and hit 6s (12 in 5 games, next highest were Steel and Lilley with 7 each from 8 and 14 games respectively), he's a powerful batter and I think with that confidence he'll come again in the four day side.

Wright is an obvious one if he keeps going as is Mike if he doesn't get a better offer.

23 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Sanderson would be nice!

Even though he left last season Harry Dearden still on contract  this year nice work if  you can get it.Not sure If he's still getting a full salary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Even though he left last season Harry Dearden still on contract  this year nice work if  you can get it.Not sure If he's still getting a full salary

Evidence that they need to get rid of as many as possible. The contracts got out of hand. We still haven't seen Scriven in any form of first xl cricket.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2022 at 11:42, Graceroad said:

So we have a giant squad and then on top of that even have a player not in it that's also on the books. Mad.

We really have gone quantity over quality in recent years haven't we?