Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Wonder if Hoggard will be offered the captaincy as he was interested in that post at Yorks and could make sense with Boeta Dippenaar not returning. Jefferson and Benning as openers looks fairly solid

They have been criticised for signing South Africans in recent years, but have also lost some of their best homegrown players - like Stuart Broad and Luke Wright - to counties who can offer more money.

Didn't know that!

This paragraph just makes me angry and upset.

Hoggard would be a ridiculously wonderful signing.

HOGGARD KEEPING OPTIONS OPEN

Former England bowler Matthew Hoggard is keen to speak to Leicestershire and any other interested counties but as yet is undecided over where he will play his cricket next season.

To translate this, Matthew Hoggard is thinking, 'fcuk me, I hope Leics aren't the only county that come in for me'.

Apparently if you we dont got Hoggard we are going in for Alex Tudor

Alex Tudor? Keep him fit and we might get a decent return.

HOGGARD KEEPING OPTIONS OPEN

Former England bowler Matthew Hoggard is keen to speak to Leicestershire and any other interested counties but as yet is undecided over where he will play his cricket next season.

To translate this, Matthew Hoggard is thinking, 'fcuk me, I hope Leics aren't the only county that come in for me'.

I can understand it though. Hoggard is still an excellent bowler who could do a job for most counties, and there are quite a few with better prospects than ourselves.

I dont think he would go done there tbh, I think he loves Yorkshire too much. Thats why we are pretty well placed, he could commute from his home to us. Can't see kent offering loads of money.

Yeah, always thought our best chance was down to the location.

Hopefully he'll accept the deal offered. Would be a cracking and morale-boosting signing.

Yeah, always thought our best chance was down to the location.

Hopefully he'll accept the deal offered. Would be a cracking and morale-boosting signing.

Am going to an evening with Jon Agnew at poachers tomorrow and county have now made it the player of the year awards so players should all be there. I'd love to find out that Hoggy was set to sign by the end of the week, but think I may be hoping a bit too much.