Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

51 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just make it cheaper on the door, I imagine a fair few folk just fancy popping down randomly 

I am a bit surprised they haven’t done this, people may also struggle to attend the whole day but might fancy a few hours down there, imagine that £20 on the gate would soon put that idea to bed though! 

Anyway I shall be going down today, first time I’ve done a county champ game since childhood, interested to see how few will be down there! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matty2702 said:

I am a bit surprised they haven’t done this, people may also struggle to attend the whole day but might fancy a few hours down there, imagine that £20 on the gate would soon put that idea to bed though! 

Anyway I shall be going down today, first time I’ve done a county champ game since childhood, interested to see how few will be down there! 

Yeah it's strange, at the price I imagine it puts off the 'out of work early' crowd. I remember going down and watching them against West Indies A team years ago must of been 2006 or 2007 and Runako Morton became my favourite player. I'm pretty sure it was my first red ball game down there.

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just make it cheaper on the door, I imagine a fair few folk just fancy popping down randomly 

The reason I know the prices is because I just popped down on a whim earlier this season. After the T20 prices it seems a bit more expensive though you can obviously get nearly 100 overs.

I would like something like Surrey do about free entry or reduced tickets for the third session, so you can pop along after work for a drink. Obviously the ground is not in a good spot to attract too many after work drinkers from the city like The Oval is though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

The reason I know the prices is because I just popped down on a whim earlier this season. After the T20 prices it seems a bit more expensive though you can obviously get nearly 100 overs.

I would like something like Surrey do about free entry or reduced tickets for the third session, so you can pop along after work for a drink. Obviously the ground is not in a good spot to attract too many after work drinkers from the city like The Oval is though. 

Im sure we were on the list of counties who do either do in free after tea or it was a fiver.

I like Kimber because he's full of intent, even when he's out for a low-sh knock he'll accumulate it quickly. Evans and Azad try to anchor and rarely rack up the scores alongside so good to see him low dow the order and scoring well, quickly.

Mulder going very well again, tricky start but he's proving his class now.

• Like 1

Mulder really showing his worth now. Stepped up in the T20 out of now after the Rutherford disaster class and has now taken that into the red ball.

Would also be good to Swindells get a good knock in here. Would do his confidence wonders, there is a player in there I feel but he just seems to have taken a couple of steps backwards since covid interrupted everything.

4 hours ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Fair play to Mulder his bowling has been entirely average but he seems to have found some excellent form with the bat. Always scores at a rapid pace too

Yep. I'd like to give him another season

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

He is injured currently I believe but yeah take your point. This six week loan serves little point unless we are looking at him with a view to a permanent deal.

Surely have to trim the squad for that though.

Nope he's not injured playing in the current 2nd team match

• Like 1