Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

18 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

He is injured currently I believe but yeah take your point. This six week loan serves little point unless we are looking at him with a view to a permanent deal.

Surely have to trim the squad for that though.

Is it daft to think that that discussions have gone on with Notts regarding Mike and Evison? Eg Mike to Notts, Evison to us. We can’t match Notts’ wages but maybe insisted on a sweetener. Evison will be viewed as a T20 player primarily and let’s be honest our only ever hope of success. 

18 minutes ago, CoventryFox said:

Is it daft to think that that discussions have gone on with Notts regarding Mike and Evison? Eg Mike to Notts, Evison to us. We can’t match Notts’ wages but maybe insisted on a sweetener. Evison will be viewed as a T20 player primarily and let’s be honest our only ever hope of success. 

Maybe?

Was it Mike who left Notts previously on bad terms though?

1 hour ago, CoventryFox said:

I don't think as much as he has improved he would offer much in division 1. His bowling is not great. 

Massive improvement this year but not even in the top 10 of so alrounders in county cricket as yet. 

I'm not knocking him. Just can't see it as yet tbh 

I could see someone in division 1 picking Mike up. His problem is his concistency as there is both a free flowing and effective batter who can bowl unplayable spells as well as a wildly expensive bowler who can be carted in there.

In his favour is he's probably starting to offer more of the former and less of the latter and can probably continue to move in that direction but probably more importantly he's showed some box office quality in t20s with match winning contributions with the ball in a couple games as well as some big hitting with the bat.

2 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

Isn't Mike out of contract so no insisting on anything? 

18 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

I could see someone in division 1 picking Mike up. His problem is his concistency as there is both a free flowing and effective batter who can bowl unplayable spells as well as a wildly expensive bowler who can be carted in there.

In his favour is he's probably starting to offer more of the former and less of the latter and can probably continue to move in that direction but probably more importantly he's showed some box office quality in t20s with match winning contributions with the ball in a couple games as well as some big hitting with the bat.

He has actually become an extremely destructive batter, to be fair. When Mike is poor; you just have to not bowl him. He very rarely turns a day or a spell around. You know within a few over with him. Worth a spot in our side for his batting alone currently. I think he's turned a bit of a corner but you'll never get rid of that propensity to bowl a terrible spell. Skipper just has to be brave and pull him out of the attack.

• Like 4

I think when Mike plays well then we tend to look a better team. I'd be really sad to see him go to be honest.

I did think Hill would go but he stayed so maybe there is hope. Although thinking about didn't he only sign a year's extension?

If we lost them both that would be a real blow.

• Like 1

I know for sure that Ben Mike loves it at LCCC. Sadly though, a cricketers career span is very short and the difference in money from LCCC to some other counties is monumental. Ultimately, it isn’t like football where a footballer may be having to choose between 100k a week or 80k a week at a club he likes, this is from 40k a year (at a guess at LCCC) to at a guess, more than double that at another club and career progression and nobody can begrudge any player that opportunity sadly. 

Let’s see if anyone takes a punt on him anyway. A fine showing the hundred 🤮 and he will have a few suitors i’m sure. 

Edited by Father Ted
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah but those 3 are obscene

Kent in bother and signed Matt Henry and Navdeep Saini ! That's intent. 

Turned it round with those type of signings

They beat Warwickshire easily. 

Those two plus quinn and Milne is very good