Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I support anything from Leicester that moves, but there are times when I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I've wasted most of my life supporting the City, and almost fondly now remember the disasters at Harlow, Walsall, Bristol Rovers, Newport County etc etc ... but I reckon the County are on a different level.

But I'll still be supporting them.   Got my ticket for RLODC against Surrey at Gulidford!   :scarf:

• Like 1

Club needs to be stripped from top to bottom behind the scenes, the club has regressed from any progress made. Nixon appears to now be fully out of his depth, Henderson has been a failed experiment and Jarvis needs to make some big calls or he can get in the bin as well. Create a successful club on the field and the rest will follow.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Jeez. Just seen the score. I know they've absolutely smashed that score out of the park but how can we not just bat the rest of the day?! 

Because we've left out probably our best defensive batsman for no apparent reason, when you consider some of the s*** that has been persisted with.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

My overriding emotion is one of sadness really. We are a shadow of our former selves, and appear to have fallen far behind the likes of Glamorgan, Northants and Derbyshire, who are similarly resourced.

Just bad decision after bad decision. Even this game why the hell play a loan player instead one of our vast squad. Then our overseas player is twelfth man so poor has he been.

Sad we have fallen quite so low. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, adam said:

Score over 500 first innings and lose by an innings 🤣. What a disgrace. Has that every happened before in the county championship. Must be a record. 

I was thinking that. It was almost 600!! Not only that we had them 9-2 at the start of their innings and then they get 800!!

• Haha 2

7 bowlers and we could only take 5 wickets, even though we had them 9-2. Where was the plan?

Ultimately we should have been able to bat out those 2 sessions comfortably, just as Sussex did last week. Despite some fantastic first innings batting performances the last two games, the overall 4 day season has been atrocious and can't be far off the worst in recent history

• Like 1

Awful. Embarrassing.

Backed up a toothless bowling display with folding like a pack of cards.

Batting order has been musical chairs all season. Dread to think how we'd be faring if every other pitch wasn't a road and the balls weren't going soft so quickly.

Just heard Leicestershire County Cricket Club mentioned on the radio out here, I would say for the first time ever, in face I don’t think I’ve really ever heard them talk about country cricket on an news bulletin! Of course it was because some bloke had scored an unbeaten quadruple century against us!!

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Just get an Australian coach in, bin off Henderson and try and breed some kind of winning culture at the club.

Nico has to go now, just look what Micky Arthur has done for Derbyshire. A good coach can change things for us, this squad is talented enough to have some success. Certainly were not as bad as our current position.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Sad to say it but I want a change of head coach down there. 
Henderson as DOC has been a shocking move on the face of things.

Henderson being a terrible appointment seemed apparent from the moment they did that Q & A. Ashes next year get an Australian coach in and persuade a couple of lads on the fringes of their test side to come over.

• Like 1