Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

26 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah, totally agree. Any thoughts on a good coach who would be available and willing to join, though?

@Graceroad will take the mick, but Adam Griffith did a great job with Tasmania.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/adam-griffith-hobart-hurricanes-head-coach-cricket-tasmania-simon-insley-andrew-gaggin/2022-01-24

Edited by Tommy Fresh

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not really sure on that front, like what people are saying on a hard-nosed Aussie.

Yeah, makes sense. Even better if he can bring an aggressive Aussie fast bowler with him as one of our overseas players. Think I would stick with Mulder as the other overseas player for next season - since coming into the T20 side he has looked very decent. 

Changing captain has not made much difference, though I appreciate there were good intentions. If Parkinson is going to be out there bowling 35 overs in an innings, is he in the best place to captain the side? He is effectively having to learn the captaincy role ad plough through the most overs. Not that I'm suggesting a change of captain, like most others I think we need a coaching reset.

Nixon doesn't seem to answers post match interview after Glamorgan.

Also on the balance the team selection was downright weird, dropping Azad? Playing 3 batting all rounders in Mike, Mulder and Evison (who we didn't need on loan anyway).

That's leaves wright as thr only strike bowler no wonder Sam Southwest got a quad ton.

Nixon out, Henderson out and Jarvis to grow a pair and take control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Nixon doesn't seem to answers post match interview after Glamorgan.

Also on the balance the team selection was downright weird, dropping Azad? Playing 3 batting all rounders in Mike, Mulder and Evison (who we didn't need on loan anyway).

That's leaves wright as thr only strike bowler no wonder Sam Southwest got a quad ton.

Nixon out, Henderson out and Jarvis to grow a pair and take control.

Not usually radical with appointments whether it be City Tigers or County but in this case its time to move on. 

This season has been a shambles and the last 3 years of recruitment has led us to the abyss that was yesterday afternoon. 

Evison looks another random signing. Similar to about 3 or 4 other players bot good enough we already gave on the books. 

Let's have a change and put some sort of formula for recruitment in place. 

Who do we want and why? Do they improve us? 

I am going out on a limb here but I'm saying Alex Tudor. Currently looking to get into county cricket as a coach. 

Before his current appointment did some great work with chance to shine. He deserves to make the step up either with us or elsewhere. 

I'd look at him with support from a more experienced coach. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Henderson being a terrible appointment seemed apparent from the moment they did that Q & A. Ashes next year get an Australian coach in and persuade a couple of lads on the fringes of their test side to come over.

Henderson is also completely invisible. What on earth is he doing other than taking a salary? If his role is recruitment I give you Beuran Hendricks and Joey Evinson, although granted Wiann Mulder has batted very well on a couple of roads in the last two weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Surely the aim is to get him as much exposure as possible and hope an England contract comes before a move to a bigger County does.

Yep be good stuff. Certainly a great prospect buy played in the 2s a few times id have him playing in our 1s whenever available no matter the format 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cakey said:

Yep be good stuff. Certainly a great prospect buy played in the 2s a few times id have him playing in our 1s whenever available no matter the format 

I'm equally puzzled why Ahmed hasn't played more in the 4 day team. Just prepare spinning wickets and play him and Parky. Got to be worth a go, as relying on medium pacers certainly hasn't. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm equally puzzled why Ahmed hasn't played more in the 4 day team. Just prepare spinning wickets and play him and Parky. Got to be worth a go, as relying on medium pacers certainly hasn't. 

Oi put some respect on our pace bowling attack's name. We've several bowlers with averages in the (*checks notes*) 40s and 50s this season....

Screenshot_20220726-170334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.509debbb80d6cf91d7892321d12b09e5.jpg

The state of those figures. Aside from Steel's solitary wicket at 33 our best bowler is Wright who has 19 at 43.

Edited by CrawlingFox
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Fully agree. Nico is a tactical genius 😣

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Oi put some respect on our pace bowling attack's name. We've several bowlers with averages in the (*checks notes*) 40s and 50s this season....

Screenshot_20220726-170334_Chrome.thumb.jpg.509debbb80d6cf91d7892321d12b09e5.jpg

The state of those figures. Aside from Steel's solitary wicket at 33 our best bowler is Wright who has 19 at 43.

Thank god you cropped Hendricks off the bottom 🤣

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

The fact that everyone’s is bad proves to me that the coaching is just not good enough. 

• Like 2