Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Evans has been playing for Lincolnshire. With Azad being dropped for the last 4 day game, I wonder if county are looking to move these two on because they only tend to play 4 day cricket?

Even for county’s standard, moving Azad on would be suicidal. He averages nearly 40.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Even for county’s standard, moving Azad on would be suicidal. He averages nearly 40.

Indeed it makes no sense as to why he was dropped in the first place, understand he scores at a lower strike rate but our best opener.

Wonder if they moved on from both as part of the 'baz ball' effect on the game to get off to a faster start maybe.

Either way the club is making some very strange at present.

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Surely he is not one we are looking to get rid of.

Great player. Top man also. 

Lose Evans. Also lose other Evans, Griffiths, Davis, Bates, Sekande for me. 

Depending on if they do something in the one day stuff Bowley and Barnes also  

Never seen Scriven so another year. 

Don't sign Evison for God's sake. 

Edited by Cakey

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Imagine if Azad left the club before Nixon or Henderson

Tbh id be making Azad 4 day captain. Solid performer and more importantly he’d create a better culture as somebody who doesn’t abuse opposition players for the sake of it. 

• Like 2

What do people think the team will be in the RL50? Given the players absent at The Hundred, I'm expecting something like:

Welch

Patel

Lilley

Kimber

Hill (c) (w)

Mulder

Steel

Walker

Barnes

Davis 

Hendricks 

My son and I will be at Guildford for the first game v Surrey, as it's just down the road for us.  Not expecting much even against what will be a Surrey second XI.

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What do people think the team will be in the RL50? Given the players absent at The Hundred, I'm expecting something like:

Welch

Patel

Lilley

Kimber

Hill (c) (w)

Mulder

Steel

Walker

Barnes

Davis 

Hendricks 

My son and I will be at Guildford for the first game v Surrey, as it's just down the road for us.  Not expecting much even against what will be a Surrey second XI.

Wouldn't be arsed if Lilley never played for them again, wouldn't have him anywhere near the team. Says something that I'd have less of an issue with Hendricks playing

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Wouldn't be arsed if Lilley never played for them again, wouldn't have him anywhere near the team. Says something that I'd have less of an issue with Hendricks playing

Yep missed him tbf when I was giving people the chop earlier! 

Him also. Twice he completely screwed us. 

Can bat but he averages 20

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Welch

Patel

Lilley

Kimber

Hill (c) (w)

Mulder

Steel

Walker

Barnes

Davis 

Hendricks 

Probably near enough yep. I can see Bowley getting a game instead of Barnes and Scriven will be close. Then it's a toss up with swindells or steel I guess? 

I wouldn't play Lilley either but they will. 

23 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Probably near enough yep. I can see Bowley getting a game instead of Barnes and Scriven will be close. Then it's a toss up with swindells or steel I guess? 

I wouldn't play Lilley either but they will. 

If Lilley does get game time, all it does is confirm how poor the culture is down there from those high up.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 4

The club featuring Lilley heavily on the social media over the last few days would suggest the club is doomed due to being unable to learn from it's repeated mistakes. 

Zero faith in anyone behind the scenes being aware of how much of a **** up we are let alone having the brains to do anything about it. 

12 hours ago, Cakey said:

I see Kashif Ali is now at Worcester. 

Played on trial for county and in the 2s. 

Sadly not a mediocre medium pacer so no contract from us. 

Got a 50 on debut. 

That was his FC debut there. He has had a few matches in the T20 there this year I think; certainly played against us anyway.

Few friends of mine have played with him if its the same chap, as he spent time in Kent 2s and they thought he was quality.

Bowls a bit as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Jarvis’s monthly round up says they’re interviewing for the Director of Cricket role? Was Henderson only an interim or is he quitting/being forced out?

Also basically says it’s inevitable prices will go up next season due to rising day-to-day costs.

Only reason I want to see costs go up is because they've had to pay off Henderson and Nixon. 

• Like 1