Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, Narborough Bod said:

There seems to be a fair bit of anger towards Nixon, fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

So here's a question, the info below is from a couple of years ago but in any other industry, how would an employee feel if their boss was talking about their ability with some idiot supporter on the other side of the world.

It just smacks of how amateurish we are as a club .

If I was a pro I'd be livid if I found out that my boss was speaking in private to loudmouth gobshites about my batting deficiencies.

image.png.9820585acf2a572eb3d7c98aa45ad0b8.png

4 years later and Harry still has an issue with the short ball

2 hours ago, Graceroad said:

4 years later and Harry still has an issue with the short ball

Yeah but come on, the last message mentions Harry Dearden. He's at least gone now, albeit apparently still on the payroll. Nixon has also only used up a mere 3 years working out Rhodes. PROGRESS under Nixon is inevitable.

22 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Just noticed that Sam Bates and Alex Evans playing for Bedfordshire today against a strong Northants side  be interesting to  see how that get on

And a 37 year-old Tom New has already taken a couple of catches while playing today for Norfolk against Notts.

1 hour ago, Graceroad said:

Just noticed that Sam Bates and Alex Evans playing for Bedfordshire today against a strong Northants side  be interesting to  see how that get on

Dearden playing for Cheshire, quite enjoyable spotting ex pros around the minor teams. Saw Javid playing for one side and Wayne White opening for Cambridgeshire 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Dearden playing for Cheshire, quite enjoyable spotting ex pros around the minor teams. Saw Javid playing for one side and Wayne White opening for Cambridgeshire 

Well there's a lot because that's where most of them should have been in the first place. This game against Staffs could be a regular fixture in the future...

Wayne White bowling off-spin and captaining. Useful beer money for him.

Edited by MaidstoneFox
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Well there's a lot because that's where most of them should have been in the first place. This game against Staffs could be a regular fixture in the future...

Oh yeah I was on about ex pros in general as well, not just the former sh** that used to knock about down here 😂

I think this could be an interesting competition for us, judging by the side yesterday we do bat reasonably deep and I'm quite happy with the likes of Welch, Kimber, Hill, Patel and Mulder being in there.

However I really think we're lacking in the spin department thanks to the Hundred and I think we'll struggle to contain other teams who will target Steel and Lilley.

Middlesex had a very weak side out for their defeat and are bringing back Stephen Eskinazi, Mark Stoneman, Sam Robson, Pieter Malan, Luke Hollman and Ethan Bamber for their Royal London warm up tomorrow against Hertfordshire CCA. Yadav is being kept in cotton wool for us.

Still, they'll have at least 5 players missing for our contest with them at Radlett CC this Thursday - Eoin Morgan (London Spirit), John Simpson (Northern Superchargers), Tom Helm (Birmingham Phoenix), Toby Roland-Jones (London Spirit) and Nathan Sowter (Oval Invincibles).

Hope to see a few Foxes fans at the game :)

8 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

I think this could be an interesting competition for us, judging by the side yesterday we do bat reasonably deep and I'm quite happy with the likes of Welch, Kimber, Hill, Patel and Mulder being in there.

However I really think we're lacking in the spin department thanks to the Hundred and I think we'll struggle to contain other teams who will target Steel and Lilley.

Yes agree. Give Bowley a few games nothing to lose really 

• Like 2