Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Well so far we've played pretty well twice and been abysmal once. With his this season is going I'll take that I suppose.

I feel we need to make some adjustments up top. I'd pick this side for the next game:

Welch

Steel

Kimber

Mulder

Patel

Hill

Scriven

Walker

Bowley

Hendricks

Wright

I think Steel is a better spin and batting option than Lilley and moving him up top would protect Patel who I feel isn't excelling opening. I'd get Mulder in a bit earlier as he's by far our best bat. And I'd bring Bowley back in for Swindells, another spin option  and frankly looks more likely to score runs as well with the latter a walking wicket currently.

• Like 2

On 08/08/2022 at 08:20, CrawlingFox said:

Well so far we've played pretty well twice and been abysmal once. With his this season is going I'll take that I suppose.

I feel we need to make some adjustments up top. I'd pick this side for the next game:

Welch

Steel

Kimber

Mulder

Patel

Hill

Scriven

Walker

Bowley

Hendricks

Wright

I think Steel is a better spin and batting option than Lilley and moving him up top would protect Patel who I feel isn't excelling opening. I'd get Mulder in a bit earlier as he's by far our best bat. And I'd bring Bowley back in for Swindells, another spin option  and frankly looks more likely to score runs as well with the latter a walking wicket currently.

Yeah, I’d like to see Steel up there too. He can stick around and score at a steady rate too. He would compliment Welch well. Patel has been woefully out of form this summer besides a good knock at Headingley, I’d be tempted to drop him instead of Lilley (although I know he’s not the most popular man around atm). 

Looking forward to Friday, Somerset haven’t started well, weather looks good, first game in front of a home crowd, what could go wrong?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d go

Welch

Steel

Kimber

Mulder

Patel

Hill

Lilley

Bowley/Walker

Scriven

Hendrick

Wright

This is what I expect. Walker will get picked over Bowley, I suspect, as Steel will provide a spin option in addition to Lilley's filth. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Stevens and Wright opening the bowling in tandem...

Chris Rushworth is out of contract too, we could assemble a true dad's army and prepare some seaming pitches.

Remember when we had DeFreitas, Malcolm and Srinath as our attack? Could be matching that for average age.

1 hour ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Be careful what you wish for. Love Stevo but the romanticism of getting Nico back hasn't been a success.

Sometimes nice memories need to remain just that..

Agreed Henderson doesn't appear to be an inspired signing either.

We need a fresh approach from the top down, with people not associated with the club.

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

http://www.cricket247.org/community/showthread.php?t=5823&page=61

Some news there on the Ben Mike contract situation.

Resigned to losing him but if its to Derbyshire then that's damning for us.

Fair play to them though, great coach brought in and clearly he's being backed to take them in the right direction. Conners and Scrimshaw both England Lions this year shows the impact he's had.

They and Northants have shown we needn't limit ourselves to plucky underdog status because of our size/budget. We can still both compete at the top table and provide a pathway to higher honours if we get the right appointments in.

Fun fact. For various reasons, the Foxes' entire bowling attack has been 'swapped out' from the same game played 12 months' ago in Taunton. That day we had Barnes (10), Davis (8), Mike (10), Griffiths (9), Ahmed (10) and Rhodes (3) doing the honours.