Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

28 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Amidst all the bad decisions, the emergence of Louis Kimber in all formats has been a huge positive this season. Well played him!

Agreed he's been superb. I think when it comes to our batting we're getting somewhere player wise.

Azad (despite being dropped bizarrely) will do a job in red ball.

Welch had a few false starts now in the last few games but was very good in the Blast and got us up and running with that ton.

Steel generally looked competent before he got dropped again...

Patel has looked the part at points and has talent though does need to start producing big scores I think.

Kimber going from strength to strength.

Ackermann was superb in the Blast and has put up some decent runs in the CC.

Swindells belatedly finding some form now after an abysmal run admittedly.

Hill still looks our best bat when in full flow though hasn't clicked when facing the white ball this season.

That's 8 to build around in all formats with Mulder adding real quality too. We need to stop the musical chairs in the batting order though, the one day side has been more settled and seems to be benefiting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’d like to get excited, but one can only assume whoever makes the Semis/Final will be back to full strength after having to play their second string throughout? 

Will be nice to have Rehan and Ben Mike back at Trent bridge in that case 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d still like to see Scott Steele in there as he gives us a spin option as well 

Well Rishi P is averaging 9, and Lewis 10 after 5 innings each. I like Rishi, think he's a player with a load of potential, but he's not performing. Lewis is clearly a good player, and an remerging skipper, but there is a case for Steele replacing Rishi for the final three group games.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Might need 3 as only the group winners go straight to the SF 

Oh fair enough, I looked at it quickly and thought the top two just went straight through. Hopefully we can progress either way. 

• Like 2