Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Seems  Hassan was right on the money about this one.Let's see if he's right about Charlie Thurston and Nathan Buck from Northants and Max Waller from Somerset on a one day contract

None of those options are particularly exciting to me, happy to be proven wrong. 

It's going to be a big turnover of playing staff again I feel.

Who's out of contract this summer?

20 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

None of those options are particularly exciting to me, happy to be proven wrong. 

It's going to be a big turnover of playing staff again I feel.

Who's out of contract this summer?

I think Sekande Evans x 2 Davis Lilley Griffiths  may be Wright even. 

Bowley? Bates? Did we only give Hill a year? 

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Buck's figures are rubbish 

I grew up around him and lived a few doors down when he was growing up, genuinely at one point many thought he'd be the next Broad when he off touring with the Lions.

Ive been out of touch for many years but what happened bowling wise? Lack of dedication? or just not good enough in the end?

I get the feeling that Jarvis backs Nico 100% - and I'm sure he'll still be here next season, irrespective of today's result. 

Not sure what the weather is like in Leicester today but down here in London it is really muggy and cloudy. If it's the same up there then it feels like a massive toss to win. 

Anyone know if we have Hendricks and Scriven back for this game?

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I get the feeling that Jarvis backs Nico 100% - and I'm sure he'll still be here next season, irrespective of today's result. 

Not sure what the weather is like in Leicester today but down here in London it is really muggy and cloudy. If it's the same up there then it feels like a massive toss to win. 

Anyone know if we have Hendricks and Scriven back for this game?

Hendricks is in the squad! 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I grew up around him and lived a few doors down when he was growing up, genuinely at one point many thought he'd be the next Broad when he off touring with the Lions.

Ive been out of touch for many years but what happened bowling wise? Lack of dedication? or just not good enough in the end?

England remodelled his action because it was thought he’d basically end up ruining his knee/ankle (can’t remember which one), that lost him pace. Then I think a bit too much time on the sauce didn’t help either.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Buck is very injury prone. 

Sign him and he'll fit in nicely with all of the other bang average bowlers we stack up. 

Yep. Not even average really are they, I'd take average most of the time. 

Buck and Waller be terrible options awful. Worse than what we have. 

If that's all we muster just leave it with what we have and bring in loans. 

Please don't let us contract another load of rubbish. 

28 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Cobby has extended his contact with Northants, he’s had a nightmare with the Welsh in the 100, it would of been nice to see him play for us again but that would of just been for sentimental reasons 😂 he’s way past his best now 

It's really odd hearing someone describe him as past his best, we grew up playing against each other (and getting him out a few times :P) in club cricket. 

You're probably right by the way, it's just funny to think if i'd had a few luckier breaks i'd be on my way to past my best now lollol 

Not sure why i'm triggered by that though, getting to the top of the stairs is enough of a struggle lol 

20 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Thurston has ability but no better than Kimber Patel Welch Ackerman Hill and on one showing Bowley. So I don't think another middle order prospect is needed. 

Opening bat be good 

Thurston’s numbers are not good at all. If he was like 20 you’d take that but he’s 26

57 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Cobby has extended his contact with Northants, he’s had a nightmare with the Welsh in the 100, it would of been nice to see him play for us again but that would of just been for sentimental reasons 😂 he’s way past his best now 

The dressing room culture seems to be healthier now than when he was here. Think we all know who the main culprit was for that, but I get the sense he was among those who enabled that to thrive. Would be a retrograde step to sign him even if he was still at his best.

• Like 1