Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

13 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

What do we need to do to come top and go straight to a semi final? NRR is the worst of the 3 so is that a long long shot?

I think if we win, we finish second unless our net run rate improves massively. Gives us incentive to get this won ASAP. 

11 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think if we win, we finish second unless our net run rate improves massively. Gives us incentive to get this won ASAP. 

Yeah pretty impossible to get top. Sussex and Middlesex is 1st v 2nd - both have decent NRR but same points. Unless by fluke, there was a draw/no result there. 

The weather is a bit dodgy here in Hove. There is a sea mist - but we are playing. Possible rain around 5, but DL will come in to play. Sussex batting and doing well enough. Desperate for Sussex and Leics to qualify. Looks like Leics will win, so that makes this match crucial. Winner takes all.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah pretty impossible to get top. Sussex and Middlesex is 1st v 2nd - both have decent NRR but same points. Unless by fluke, there was a draw/no result there. 

Surely this is going to dramatically increase our NRR (tempting fate I know)

8 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Surely this is going to dramatically increase our NRR (tempting fate I know)

If Sussex win we will need to make up at least 1.7 NRR - (run rates as it stands and if we got the target of say 90 in 20 overs, that project about 1.3 for us today) 

If Middlesex win we will need to make up at least 0.8 NRR - that's far more likely. 

The winner of that game gets something added to their NRR so we'd need to get a target in say 15 to 18 overs to have a chance. Once we have the first innings scores, it makes the potential outcomes easier to work out. 

We ****ed our NRR on Saturday. We are -0.025

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

It’s going to be all down to Mulder isn’t it? Our ability to collapse in the face of the merest suspicion of pressure is beyond comparison 

Not anymore...he's gone. This is going down to the 10th wicket