Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Tim Boon has signed an extension to his contract as a reward for his efforts in taking the club forward!

This is good news. Boon's been doing a very difficult job of rebuilding the squad over the past few seasons, and his reputation and character have played a part in a number of our winter signings. For the first time in several years, I'm actually quite optimistic about a domestic cricket season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just looking through the T20 fixtures on BBC Cricket. What's the point in having games starting at 11 a.m. Especially if they're not in the school holidays?

EDIT: Just checked cricinfo, they're far more reliable for giving the correct times. Looking forward to Northants away. :cheers:

Edited by A Fox in Essex

I like the ecb 40 over kit i reckon it would make a great Aussie kit.

Glad Hodgey has signed for you hasn't had a great season for the Vics but just scored a great 100 in a must win game 136 off 118 to get us in to the 50 over final. His actually retired from first class cricket and only plays the shorter forms of the game so it may have effected his form a bit.

I like the ecb 40 over kit i reckon it would make a great Aussie kit.

Glad Hodgey has signed for you hasn't had a great season for the Vics but just scored a great 100 in a must win game 136 off 118 to get us in to the 50 over final. His actually retired from first class cricket and only plays the shorter forms of the game so it may have effected his form a bit.

He'll be absolute dynamite in the English T20.

• 2 weeks later...

The cricket season is approaching quickly :wub: here are my predictions for LCCC.

County Championship:

I think we will have a surging start due to Hoggard being deadly in spring but I can't see us scoring enough runs so I believe we will be a solid midtable team. Finishing position 5th.

Pro 40:

I fancy us to be pretty good in One day cricket but I think we will lack quality when we need it most, also we are in a group of death so I can't see us progressing tbh.

20/20:

I really don't know what will happen here. If we had Allenby and Hodge at the top we could be a threat but I think we will struggle to set a decent total. Mid-table finish at best.

I think we will struggle again this season. But it will hopefully be a lot better than last. We may upset a few on our day but we won;t be competative against the monster counties for a year or two. Another year of progression then possibly challenge in two years time.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm looking forward to the start of the season too.

I think we'd made some shrewd signings. Jefferson, Benning, McDonald and Hoggard are all players who can win matches for us. If they can perform then we'll surprise people. Hodge coming back for T20 is a huge bonus too.

Just not sure about the bowling attack aside from Hoggard. We've got a few young bowlers and we need a few of them to step up this summer. Buck and Wyatt probably the most likely to.

On a side note why paint the toilets and make them out of order on the first day of the season when they have had months to do it :rolleyes:

lol

Wouldn't expect anything else from LCCC to be honest.

Nice little stand to round off the day from New and White at the moment. Positive first day of the season I reckon.

Edited by A Fox in Essex