Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Ben Mike has always been a player who bowls some good balls and plenty of bad ones and this season for us he made up for it somewhat with good batting displays and a much improved ratio of good to bad balls in the Blast. The fact Wright is or was our only decent bowler means you can get away with being expensive as long as you take wickets because nobody else will take them. At Yorkshire he'll need to tighten up.

I suspect Yorkshire fans won't see his best until next season's Blast where his batting cameos and much improved bowling can now turn games. He has the ability necessary to succeed in the CC too with the ball and I'm sure they must have a bowling coach who will work on ironing out those bad balls.

For us similarily I think we'll miss him, particularly as he always seemed to play with guts and heart but equally Finan already looks to have replaced the wickets and our batting is so bad it needs serious work beyond replacing the odd 50 down the order anyway.

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The club made a terrible, terrible decision in signing Rutherford instead of Mulder for the blast. I’d suggest we’d have qualified even with the points deduction if Mulder was there from the start. Horrendous stuff. 

It was a good signing on paper Rutherfords got a good cv  just didn't work out it happens.Remember Northants signing Ganguly many years ago and he averaged about 8

• Like 1

Yeah in hindsight it doesn't look great but I wasn't complaining when Rutherford came in, in fact I thought he was a pretty good short notice replacement for Gurbaz.

As Graceroad says it just didn't work out (at all!) and then not only did Mulder come in and bowl and bat well but Welch came in and added real impetus up top too making it look even worse.

I really hope Mulder comes back, he's the ideal overseas signing in that he bats and bowls and contributes in all formats.

If we're looking for an overseas opener I wonder if Janneman Malan could be tempted back after his deal with us never happened due to Covid. He's another who I think would add runs in all formats. That being said I've no idea of South Africa's fixture list next year and whether we would end up missing one or both for large periods.

Looks like this:

Mar - Apr 2023 West Indies tour of South Africa 2023
Matches: 2 Test, 3 ODI, 3 T20
Venue: South Africa
April 2023 Netherlands Tour of South Africa 2023
Matches: 2 ODI
Aug - Sep 2023 Australia Tour of South Africa 2023
Matches: 5 ODI, 3 T20
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

Yeah in hindsight it doesn't look great but I wasn't complaining when Rutherford came in, in fact I thought he was a pretty good short notice replacement for Gurbaz.

As Graceroad says it just didn't work out (at all!) and then not only did Mulder come in and bowl and bat well but Welch came in and added real impetus up top too making it look even worse.

I really hope Mulder comes back, he's the ideal overseas signing in that he bats and bowls and contributes in all formats.

If we're looking for an overseas opener I wonder if Janneman Malan could be tempted back after his deal with us never happened due to Covid. He's another who I think would add runs in all formats. That being said I've no idea of South Africa's fixture list next year and whether we would end up missing one or both for large periods.

Looks to be where we are shopping and with Dieter Klein now on the coaching staff, we'll have to pay for everything in Rands down at the County soon.

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Well done, Michael Finan! 5 wicket haul against a very decent team. :appl:

Fully expecting us to lose this one by an innings as can't see how we'll score many against their seam attack on this wicket.

Yes, improved his line and consistency no end in just a few games. Hopefully he feels settled now and playing full-time will help him improve more.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cakey said:

I like Kimber. He has real ability but is a 5 or 6. 

If Ackerman is playing needs to stand up and bat 3. Grow a pair. 

To be fair, he scored a fine 75 with his last CC knock and perhaps he's asked to bat at 3 following his success in the same position in the Royal London Cup.

18 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

To be fair, he scored a fine 75 with his last CC knock and perhaps he's asked to bat at 3 following his success in the same position in the Royal London Cup.

He is a good player. I rate him but I think we try and hide Ackerman who is our best player. 

I mean everyone is going to get a bat lol

26 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Don't think I'll renew my sponsorship next year sadly. There's just no way for a company to really get value out of it as its so difficult to get any guests to attend. That in itself is a bit of a damning statement on where we are.

Wasn't there an open forum for the future of 1st class cricket at County? 

I think you have plenty of things that need saying there. 

The County is a complete joke in 4 day cricket. It's not even worth the bowlers doing their job. 

Edited by Lako42