Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

4 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Well considering he's 20 and already played in the Warwickshire 1st team not so sure about that

https://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/class-of-2022-academy-scholars

He's listed as an academy scholar here, was never announced as a first team player and doesn't have a profile in the first team section of the website so it would seem he is indeed on an academy deal.

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

https://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/news/class-of-2022-academy-scholars

He's listed as an academy scholar here, was never announced as a first team player and doesn't have a profile in the first team section of the website so it would seem he is indeed on an academy deal.

I stand corrected looking him up on cricinfo he scored 2 centuries in 5 innings in the 2nds this season so should be on a full time contract next year

34 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

I stand corrected looking him up on cricinfo he scored 2 centuries in 5 innings in the 2nds this season so should be on a full time contract next year

I hope so, with Hill really now a full time batter and doing well in that role and Bates released there is certainly a spot for a second keeper you'd think?

Given Kelley seems decent with the bat and Swindells has had a pretty poor season (averaged 18 with 3 50s) he'd perhaps be healthy competition.

The season before Swindells averaged 43 with 2 tons and 3 50s so hopefully he could return to that form.

21 hours ago, Cakey said:

Yep. Positive really. 

Harsh on Bowley who only played twice and got 50 in.his second match. 

I've no idea why we signed some of these guys only to never play. 

I pressume we are keeping rest. I've have ditched a few more tbh

With Parky, Ahmed and Ackerman on 100 duty surely that leaves us without a spinner ? Unless they think Kimber and Steele can fill the role. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

With Parky, Ahmed and Ackerman on 100 duty surely that leaves us without a spinner ? Unless they think Kimber and Steele can fill the role. 

Given Parky and Ackers barely played it wouldn't surprise me to see both back with us next season during the Hundred.

Can't see anyone other than Ahmed troubling the Hundred unless someone like Welch, Budinger or Kimber has a very good Blast indeed and is picked up as a wildcard. And I only mention those three because I think they bat with noteable power and are 6 hitters not out of any expectation we'll see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrawlingFox said:

Given Parky and Ackers barely played it wouldn't surprise me to see both back with us next season during the Hundred.

Can't see anyone other than Ahmed troubling the Hundred unless someone like Welch, Budinger or Kimber has a very good Blast indeed and is picked up as a wildcard. And I only mention those three because I think they bat with noteable power and are 6 hitters not out of any expectation we'll see it.

Yes, or see how Finnan goes early season, left armers often do well in short form, though not at his current economy rate!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Yes, or see how Finnan goes early season, left armers often do well in short form, though not at his current economy rate!

Definitely. Feel like Finan could be our version of Scrimshaw, with short boundaries and his pace he'll go for runs at points as edges go looping over the boundary but if he bowls accurately then he'll be a real handful.

44 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

The Cricketer reports that Henderson has been appointed director of cricket. Does this mean JT is batting coach?

it would be preferable if we found out these things direct from the club rather than through the media.

When did Henderson get the role initially, was he involved in the shoddy recruitment drive this season? I can't really remember. But situations such as no one identifying Gurbaz probably wouldn't be available, don't paint him in the best light. Not really sure why we're rewarding him with the job permanently. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh

37 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

When did Henderson get the role initially, was he involved in the shoddy recruitment drive this season? I can't really remember. But situations such as no one identifying Gurbaz probably wouldn't be available, don't paint him in the best light. Not really sure why we're rewarding him with the job permanently. 

Because we are badly ran 

• Like 1