Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Not the most exciting signing perhaps and a 3 year deal is a bit worrying considering his more recent struggles to get gametime at Durham.

However he does have experience and an alright record and has had a couple seasons in the past of reasonable note, 44 at 24.77 in 2018 for example.

Given the way players with similar records like Griffiths and Davis have come here and had their careers flatline I'm going to remain on the fence but I do hope he can rediscover his previous form.

Our bowling returns in the 4 day competition this season were shocking, so if Salisbury can come in and match his career average of 33 then I'd be very chuffed to be honest.

Screenshot_20221014_130018.thumb.jpg.7e82725d729eff40beca970b8760d029.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like Nick Welch is over in Zimbabwe for the Winter, a handy 90 in his first 50 over game.

Didn't do Ben Compton any harm last year so let's hope he comes back in similar form!

Edit: Ben Curran is also out there but playing as a local player and seemingly committed to trying to get international selection. Given up on County Cricket? I only mention him as we were linked with a Northants batter earlier in the season.

Edited by CrawlingFox

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

If we are skint… I’d like to think we’re looking at some of these smaller nations for talent, someone like mohammud waseem from UAE for t20 would be good.

Agreed. Trumpleman 90mph also. 

What about Blessing Musarabani from Zimbabwe? 

I think Ackerman has three ducks in a row......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Yep really good prospect. 

I'd really like us to take a punt on someone like Dewald Brevis for the T20, although I'd rather we threw money at someone with a good record in all 3 formats. Brevis hasn't played enough red ball to judge him properly in that format though and think we need someone who's guranteed to provide a solid base 9 times out of 10.

18 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d probably guess we’d have Mulder and Naveen back if available 

Yeah we’d have them back….. Naveen must be sick and tired of bowling brilliantly being the highest wicket taker but having very little back up to get us over the line