Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

On 01/11/2022 at 12:59, CrawlingFox said:

Chris Wright signs a new one year deal.

That's ideal. Hopefully based on promising signs last season he can shepherd the likes of Finan and Scriven for the coming year as they come into their own.

I believe the mutual understanding is that its the final year.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

Is Parky leaving? 

County website says his contract runs out next year and he's not willing to extend at present. He could in theory sign a pre-contract agreement half-way through the season with someone else.

This also means they could play Rehan Ahmed in 4 day cricket and leave out Parky, as he's no longer captain. Two spinners an unlikely scenario in most games

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

County website says his contract runs out next year and he's not willing to extend at present. He could in theory sign a pre-contract agreement half-way through the season with someone else.

This also means they could play Rehan Ahmed in 4 day cricket and leave out Parky, as he's no longer captain. Two spinners an unlikely scenario in most games

That's quite interesting. I wouldn't want to lose Parky but frankly if we can afford to lose any of the better players we have then it would be him given the trajectory that Rehan Ahmed appears to be on. Assuming we keep hold of the latter of course and he's on a long term contract at least.

13 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Think they will Inc both Ahmed can bat in the top 6

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Rehan needs to be playing all formats as much as possible. No point wasting a talent like that. Parky has never really pushed on despite some decent limited over showings. 

I'd go both Parkinson and Rehan. Then just prepare fairly good wickets for the pair of them, with Ackermann backing it up. If I had to chose one though I'd prefer to go with Rehan in all formats especially if Parkinson isn't committing. Although big call to leave out our leading wicket tacker from the past two seasons in red ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Rehane? I saw that article but not sure how much truth there is in it? Not sure why you would not announce it. Be a great signing but be surprised. Pleasantly surprised. 

Mulder is class at County level very happy. 

3 hours ago, CoventryFox said:

Superb! Just need to get Rehane confirmed and we’re almost competitive