Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, Cakey said:

Will Davis extends. Once again, extending a contract for someone who seldom plays is seldom selected when fit. 

I really don't understand it to be honest.

A likeable player and occasionally very decent but mostly injured or underwhelming.

I don't really get it either but I hope he's fit and does well next season.

I suppose with pace bowlers you do need some depth and with Evans, Mike, Sakande and Griffiths leaving we've only brought in 2 so far in Salisbury and Finan plus the young lad from the academy. Can only think there wasn't better options out there so Nico doesn't want to be 2 seamers down on last year with Davis gone as well. Plus Rahane if he is announced being another bat rather than Hendricks a bowler.

Edited by CrawlingFox

Naveen signed for another year! Good news. Given the way we finished our t20 campaign last season and the fact the team is pretty much the same I'm quietly  optimistic about our chances in the competition next year.

Edited by Walshy5
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CoventryFox said:

We’re shaping up nicely for the Blast. In no particular order:

Budinger 

Welch
Lilley 
Kimber
Ahmed
Hill
Ackermann
Mulder
Parkinson
Naveen
Finan

with Patel, Scriven, Swindles etc ready to come in

I'd have Scriven over Finan and he's a good pinch hitter aswell. I think he'd be a good like for like for Ben Mike. I'd go with.

Welch

Steel

Budinger

Ackermann

Mulder

Hill

Kimber

Scriven

Ahmed

Parkinson

Naveen.

Good deep batting there and the spin attack of Parky, Ahmed and Ackermann are as good as anyone in the tournament. Oh and **** Lilley off!

Edited by Walshy5
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

After a nervous start, brilliant news as Rehan takes his first test wicket with his father in the crowd. For those listening to TMS via the BBC Sport site at https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/62865942, just scroll back to around 0854 for the moment. :worship:

First 5 was rank...went for 37 runs. 2nd 5 much better...1 for 19. Gotta give him the ball and go for it 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Rehan basically ensuring our future for about the next 20 years given we can see what talent our academy can produce. 

Meanwhile, the BBC's live coverage has a 'Who is Rehan Ahmed?' profile this morning. No credit for us but at least 'Southern Brave' get a mention. :rolleyes:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1