Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

11 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Wish that was the case but he came from the Notts academy

Debatable that they could claim that (though I've no doubt they will) given all of his development from 13 onwards is due to us.

The substantive point is though, as with the likes of Stuart Broad, James Taylor, Gurney and so on, he wouldn't have got a look-in in the professional game if we didn't exist - let alone go on to win England caps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Debatable that they could claim that (though I've no doubt they will) given all of his development from 13 onwards is due to us.

The substantive point is though, as with the likes of Stuart Broad, James Taylor, Gurney and so on, he wouldn't have got a look-in in the professional game if we didn't exist - let alone go on to win England caps.

I'm sure the Franchise dream of six teams will produce all these players. 

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I Must came across as really argumentative  but James Taylor came from Worcestershire academy they were fuming when he decided to join us when he was 18

4 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

I Must came across as really argumentative  but James Taylor came from Worcestershire academy they were fuming when he decided to join us when he was 18

Was he not in our academy and only ended up at Worcester due to moving for private school there. Finished school before doing a year in back at our seconds before a pro gig with us.

29 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Either way, the point still stands that her wouldn't have had a career with a so-called "smaller" county giving him that chance.

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Was he not in our academy and only ended up at Worcester due to moving for private school there. Finished school before doing a year in back at our seconds before a pro gig with us.

Remember there being great excitement at Harborough when he was about 14 (if memory serves) that he'd apparently agreed to play for our first team that summer. Don't think it actually happened in the end but the link to Leicestershire and local clubs was clearly there.

Don’t care now about past stories…We now at present have “again” a noted and young talent and a fox to boot…

I wonder if we can enjoy him for 2-3 seasons,even when selected for England squad..

These are Sport stories one enjoys following, I do hope is DAD and advisors,more than the lad himself, keep their feet on the ground..His career will bring smiles to many cricket fans W.Wide & what a 2-3 first years,he can bring to Stoke Mcallum,last 2-4yrs at the top…With Anderson & Broad careers slowly coming to an end,and some of our younger wanna-be Pacers always struggling with injuries.

We have a new name on the block,that will get us wanting to get up at 3-4:00hrs in the morning…

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Like being on the pitch with the England coaching staff and one to one interviews with the PCB is not what normally happens.

Guessing because he was a pro in Pakistan (played one ODI in the 70s) before moving to England? Has felt a bit OTT at times though, as lovely a story as it is.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Guessing because he was a pro in Pakistan (played one ODI in the 70s) before moving to England? Has felt a bit OTT at times though, as lovely a story as it is.

No way is his dad that old. He only looks mid to late 40’s max. But it is true that he came from Karachi. I think it’s just nice as Rehan is so young, a bit like Stuart Broad used to be with his famous dad. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lionator said:

No way is his dad that old. He only looks mid to late 40’s max. But it is true that he came from Karachi. I think it’s just nice as Rehan is so young, a bit like Stuart Broad used to be with his famous dad. 

Yep, I'm sure it was mentioned on the coverage the other day that his dad is only a year or 2 older than Jimmy Anderson. So early 40s. He certainly want playing for Pakistan in the 70s or 80s!

When he was interviewed himself I'm sure he said he played, but not at that level.

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

And he may end up with three sons playing pro cricket. 14 year old Farhan has already played for Notts seconds and I'm sure I read that his older 19 year old brother is really talented but didn't play for Leics seconds this year because of injuries.

8 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

KP must be really hating this.

Maybe it’s me being precious, but there’s a few seem genuinely annoyed about where he’s from.

Here’s Aggers’ only word on Leicestershire in his eulogy piece for the BBC. “They will have certainly learned more about in him in one Test than they would have done watching him play for Leicestershire next summer.” 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64016092

I know what he’s trying to say, but surely he’ll learn more going forward in less spin friendly conditions. Will he be first choice spinner and in the Test side at home next Summer? 

On 19/12/2022 at 22:32, when_you're_smiling said:

Maybe it’s me being precious, but there’s a few seem genuinely annoyed about where he’s from.

Here’s Aggers’ only word on Leicestershire in his eulogy piece for the BBC. “They will have certainly learned more about in him in one Test than they would have done watching him play for Leicestershire next summer.” 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/64016092

I know what he’s trying to say, but surely he’ll learn more going forward in less spin friendly conditions. Will he be first choice spinner and in the Test side at home next Summer? 

We all know Agnew has an axe to grind and he definitely loves any chance to stick the knife in. I've met the man once and told him exactly what I thought.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...